Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Lightroom CC 2015 to call up Photoshop CC 2015? (Windows)  (Read 1018 times)

stormyboy

I know this has been an ongoing problem for some other people, but for some reason it never affected me.  Now it does.

I retained my earlier Photoshop versions for for two reasons:  I needed the last x86 version for a couple of plugins, and I wanted to port all my x64 plugins to Photoshop CC 2015 before making any deletions.

Ok, now I have all Photoshop CC 2015 plugins working, and am in the testing phase (still haven't deleted any old Photoshops).  I cannot get Lightroom CC 2015 to call up and export to Photoshop CC 2015.  It always wants to call up a previous version of Photoshop.

I tried a Windows registry change I saw on the Adobe forums.  That didn't work.

I tried renaming the older Photoshop versions to trick Lightroom into searching for Photoshop CC 2015.   It worked in so far as it quit opening Photoshop CC 2014 x64, but it persists in opening my Photoshop x86 version no matter what I name it.

I know some people report success with reinstallations of the programs, but I'm unsure which program to reinstall; or in the case of both, which first?

Thanks for any help. 

Tom

Added in edit:  If I manually open Photoshop CC 2015 first, Lightroom will send the file to the open program.  That is one solution, but I'm hoping for the more elegant, expected procedure if possible.

Added in edit:  Corrected a number error, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:20:17 pm by stormyboy »

stormyboy

Re: How to get Lightroom CC 2015 to call up Photoshop CC 2015? (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:12:52 pm »

UPATE:  Things are now set up correctly with Control + E invoking Photoshop CC 2015.  However, I'm not sure how I arrived to this corrected state.  All the registry entries I checked were already correct.  I think my last attempt was to set up Photoshop CC 2015 as an external Lightroom editor.  I closed and opened Lightroom and it had replaced Photoshop CC 2014 with Photoshop CC 2015 as my primary editor.  Can it be that easy?  It was probably a combination of my attempts?

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up