Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual copies not showing on different catalog  (Read 1318 times)

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Virtual copies not showing on different catalog
« on: July 26, 2015, 08:21:29 am »

Hi folks,

I've noticed virtual copies are not showing on a different catalog, I have a catalog with folders with all years photos and another catalog with only one year photos. Any virtual copies made do not show on the other catalog, all other metadata and edits are fine. I write to metadata after each change automatically. Is there any way around this or is VC info stored in the LR catalog? I've refreshed the catalogs but still no VC's.  I'm using LR6.1 stand alone.

thanks,

Paul
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Virtual copies not showing on different catalog
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 08:43:34 am »

Virtual copies don't get saved to the metadata, like plenty of other work, so that explains what's happening. If you want VCs in another catalogue, use File > Export as Catalog which exports all your work. You can then open that catalogue itself, or bring it into another catalogue using File > Import from Another Catalog. Of course, having the same image catalogued in more than one place can become confusing, and it's usually better not to have multiple catalogues if you really don't need them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up