Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bamburgh Castle  (Read 523 times)

KMRennie

Bamburgh Castle
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:34:47 pm »

Taken very early on Fri morning, several hours before moving down the coast to take Dunstanburgh. 3 Shots taken within 30 minutes of each other just before and after sunrise. This is not the correct month to take these shots as in a few months time the sun will rise over the sea to the left of the castle as we look, but I treated this visit as a look see to work out parking and tide state, as a bonus I had a few hours on the wonderful beaches watching the sun come up, wish I had brought gloves though.

All comments welcome.
Ken

wmchauncey

Re: Bamburgh Castle
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:46:07 am »

I like them all in spite of their differences in the water.
IMHO, what would make them killer images is more and better skies with reds from the sunrise.
The things you do for yourself die with

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:02:27 am »

I like them all but #1 and #3 are my favorites. #2 is not bad but I prefer the light better in the other shots.
Francois

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 08:33:41 am »

Iconic location. There is also a spot south of the castle with sea grass and dunes - very effective.

My preference is for your first exposure. To me, it is more evocation and less obvious.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:56 am »

Decided to give the first shot, taken before the sun had risen a lift. Although it is not correct, I have flipped the image left to right, it seems to flow better this way or at least it does to my eyes.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up