nozzle yellow
- 0 (0%)
nozzle yellow
- 0 (0%)
nozzle yello
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 Yellow strange nozzle  (Read 842 times)

heeyun

Epson 9900 Yellow strange nozzle
« on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:44 pm »

Hi

As a person who is anxious all the time before checking the machine everyday in the morning,
I want to ask about a nozzle issue I have never experienced.

Attached is a screenshot of the nozzle.
As you see, the vertical line of Yellow as well as a horizontal line looks distorted.
I tried many ways to fix the problem - cleaning in service mode, head alignment and using Windex cleaner.
But nothing has improved.

I wonder if anyone who had same problem can advice me any information.
If so, I will very much appreciate you.

Thank you
Hee Yun
Toronto
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:06:08 pm by heeyun »

aaronchan

Re: Epson 9900 Yellow strange nozzle
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 12:53:02 pm »

this type of nozzle problem was mostly caused by scratches on the head or paper jam.
you can try to use clean fluid and power clean the printer.
but i would say the print head is mostly done already and you might need a replacement for it.

I have talked about the new printhead from epson with my local dealer who has been selling epson printers since they start to make one.
He said the new printhead with the new finishing is really easy to get damage, even the surecolor solvant printers.
So whenever he sells those solvant printers, he always remind his clients not to use any "too cheap" media, since they might have bump on the surface which will cause surface damage of the printhead.

aaron

Some Guy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Just a thought, can you test by widening the platen and the head gap?  Looks like the head has wandered either being loose in its carriage, or hitting the edge of the paper a bit.

I know when I had a really bad head-strike with some thick edge-curling paper (BC) that it broke an internal plastic piece that held the head down into position, along with a battery of springs that were loose afterwards so it wandered about a bit on the pass even though all nozzles were firing.

SG

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »

Hi

As a person who is anxious all the time before checking the machine everyday in the morning,
I want to ask about a nozzle issue I have never experienced.

Attached is a screenshot of the nozzle.
As you see, the vertical line of Yellow as well as a horizontal line looks distorted.
I tried many ways to fix the problem - cleaning in service mode, head alignment and using Windex cleaner.
But the nothing has improved.

I wonder if anyone who had same problem can advice me any information.
If so, I will very much appreciate you.

Thank you
Hee Yun
Toronto

That looks like classic nozzle deflection, and as you have discovered, most times a cleaning cycle will not take care of it. In fact it may make it worse.  Something damaged the physical pizeo location and it's now deflected.   As Aaron pointed out, something made brief physical contact with that particular portion of the head.  Good news is all the nozzles are still firing or so it appears from you nozzle check.

Quick question, do you have any banding, visible?  I have worked before with a 9880 that did this out of warranty and it never showed up in prints.  But this might, just a thought.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

heeyun

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 03:49:25 pm »

Thank you for the quick response Aaronchan, Some guy and Paul

As Paul asked, yes a banding line is shown when printing solid colours as attached screen shot.
When I print a general artwork, the banding is not shown instead, the entire colour is different.
For example, the brilliant red tone on the screen would be changed to pale red.
I think this is because the yellow ink is not applied properly.

Actually I posted the issue with a mind to clutch at any straws.
I am not sure if I have to buy a new small one (7900) or call the tech of Epson.

Thanks anyway.
Hee
Pages: [1]   Go Up