Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping Epson 3880 Print Head Unclogged?  (Read 11923 times)

Some Guy

Re: Keeping Epson 3880 Print Head Unclogged?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 03:05:55 pm »

Epson did upgrade the firmware in the last year or 2 of production to add that auto-shutoff timer.  The printer should have come w/ a piece of paper describing it's operation and how to change it (or turn the timer off fully) (I think it's whatever power-up button hold that is needed to change language and/or units of measure etc etc).

If you do a nozzle check on both printers, you'll find the firmware version #'s to be different.

Found it.  They are different beasts.

The printer that auto-shuts down has a different Maintenance Mode menu than the one that always stays on.  You need to hold the 3 sec. Trashcan button down and then power it on to get into it.  In there is a Power Off Timer that can be set to OFF, 1H, 2H, 4H, 8H (Default), and 12H.  So you could turn it off and then it might be able to be cycled through a power up and off using a timer.

In that part of the Maintenance Menu above there is also the Languages option, as well as METRIC or FEET/INCH settings.  Mine was in METRIC which I guess is their default.

I never applied the firmware update to the old one that is always on.  I could have (maybe?) in the past as it might be 3-4 years old by now, but maybe it will not allow that part to be altered?  Not crazy about trying it either.

SG

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up