Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar multi-shot digital backs or Betterlight?  (Read 7201 times)

Master Technika

Re: Sinar multi-shot digital backs or Betterlight?
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 09:08:59 am »

The majority of the work will be made in a studio environment of static objects with the camera either mounted on a copy-stand or heavy-duty tripod.  However, there are a few instances where I'd like to use this near the car out in the field.  Once again though the objects will be static (pointing down at the ground from above on a heavy-duty tripod). 

Does anyone know whether when using the Sinar backs in multi-shot mode requires a special shutter?  "cmv" lens and "lc" shutter is what I was quoted for, but I want to make certain as I see an abundance of used Sinar digital lenses in Sinar mounts for pretty reasonable prices. 

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to help out.

Theodoros

Re: Sinar multi-shot digital backs or Betterlight?
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »

The majority of the work will be made in a studio environment of static objects with the camera either mounted on a copy-stand or heavy-duty tripod.  However, there are a few instances where I'd like to use this near the car out in the field.  Once again though the objects will be static (pointing down at the ground from above on a heavy-duty tripod). 

Does anyone know whether when using the Sinar backs in multi-shot mode requires a special shutter?  "cmv" lens and "lc" shutter is what I was quoted for, but I want to make certain as I see an abundance of used Sinar digital lenses in Sinar mounts for pretty reasonable prices. 

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to help out.

If you are using a View camera, you'll definitely need electronic shutter... The multishot process is a tethered one where the shutter is automatically activated automatically by the software, there is no way to order digitally a mechanical shutter to operate a series of shots.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up