Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Pelicase for my Contax 645 & lenses ?  (Read 2710 times)

Stan ROX

Which Pelicase for my Contax 645 & lenses ?
« on: July 20, 2015, 07:54:24 am »

Hey there,

I recently got me a Contax 645 with a nice lineup of lenses: 35, 80, 140, 210.
Plus a film AND a Phase One Digiback.

Now, I have the next problem: which Pelicase should I buy to carry the equipment.

I do not fear a somewhat bigger Pelicase, but on the other hand have no need to generousle space between the items just for the sake of it. My goal is to have one piece of luggage where i can grab and go. It's also the storage when I'm not on the road.

Suggestions ?

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Re: Which Pelicase for my Contax 645 & lenses ?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:14:58 pm »

My suggestion is to lay everything out on a table placed where you think you’d like to have them then do a measurement.  Take that measurement and go on Pelican and see where it falls.  I’d also recommend a slightly larger than slightly smaller case as in time you’ll likely acquire an addition lens or something that you want.

Don

tho_mas

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

which Pelicase should I buy to carry the equipment.
dependes on the accessories. I have pretty much the same kit (2 DBs, 35, 55, 80, 140). I also carry 2 finders, some rails for pano work, a tripod head, batteries, cards, lens cleaning set, matte screens etc. in the case.
I for one do like the B&W cases ... since they offer a lot of options for personal configuration. Too, there is a backpack system (rarely needed but nice to have occasionally). I do have the Type 61 and Type 55 cases (the smaller one for my view camera, though): http://www.b-w-international.com/index.php/en/outdoor-cases/ausstattung

I am sure there are many cases... but there's one thing you really should take care of: do not pack/transport the Contax with the prism finder mounted since the hooks of the finder could break.

Gandalf

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 10:27:02 pm »

No personal experience with the Contax system, but I might suggest the opposite and see what the largest Pelican case is that you can carry/transport comfortably and start there. Also if you plan to carry the case on a plane, I think the 1510 is the biggest you can carry on. the 1600 is a good all purpose size case.

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:09:42 am »

I have a Pelican 1510 for my Contax system with 35, 45, 80, 120 macro, 140, & 210 plus a digital back and its accessories when I've rented them. It is, I believe, Pelican's smallest roller case, and it fits the overhead compartment of any big jet and most U.S. Regional Jets. It ought to serve your purposes pretty well.
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

Stan ROX

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:42:35 pm »

Great advise, thanks.

Have ordered a 1510.

vjbelle

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 08:19:22 am »

You have made a very wise purchase.  You can't go wrong with a Pelican 1510...... very versatile and very strong.

Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up