Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR CC 2015 Import Oddity  (Read 1098 times)

jwlimages

LR CC 2015 Import Oddity
« on: July 20, 2015, 02:18:19 am »

Just noticed a very annoying odd behavior when I try to have LR6 import raw captures from a card reader. The SD card I used had some prior captures on it, these had been imported previously & I did not reformat the card, just kept shooting to it. When I went to import from the most recent shoot, LR opens the import window, but displays captures in a completely random order - so I have to hunt thru all the captures shown to identify the ones I want imported (the last shoot).

Here's a screen shot:

It may be too small to see clearly, but the selected raws are _MG_1744.CR2, ...1728, ...1729 & ...1745. The new raws to be imported were ...1728, ...29, ...30, ...31, etc. on up to ...50 or so - instead of being displayed in order, these were dispersed randomly among all the raws detected on the card.

This behavior is different from LR5, where IIR, capture files were ordered by filename. In the import window itself, there is no control over file display (like Library Mode's menu  View: Sort: ... By Order Added, By Capture Date, By Filename, etc.).

Has anyone else suffered this? I know I can avoid this by always erasing/reformatting card after import & before shooting again. But this behavior is new & seems bizarre.

The only other factor I can think of that might be involved is that since I am running Yosemite now, Apple's Photos app pops up when a card is loaded into the reader. I quit Photos & then proceed with the LR import. I will test further to see if I can stop Photos from opening automatically, in case it is causing this mayhem. But so far, I haven't found any mechanism similar to Image Capture Preferences on older Mac OS's, where you can specify which app to open when a card is detected...

John

keithrsmith

Re: LR CC 2015 Import Oddity
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:38 am »

See that bar at the bottom of the import screen.  It has OFF on it.  Click on that and you get to change the sort order.

Keith

jwlimages

Re: LR CC 2015 Import Oddity
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »

See that bar at the bottom of the import screen.  It has OFF on it.

--  Doh! Of course. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's another little bit of the interface that got "reset" without me realizing. Maybe I would have figured it out, but you saved me some time - Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up