Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5DsR and Error message about lens (24-105 is)  (Read 5519 times)

Jamboree

Canon 5DsR and Error message about lens (24-105 is)
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:19:50 pm »

The equipment:
* 5DsR
* 24-105 f4 is

Situation.
I put the lens on the camera and went shooting, no issues for about 200 ish images.
Then all of a sudden, I was in the middle of bracketing a specific image and I got an error on the top lcd panel.
It said Err
I looked at the back screen and it said something like: the lens connectors were not lined up withe the camera connectors.
I turned the camera off then on and it said the same thing.
I turned the camera off and took the lens off and put it back on and turned the camera on and it began to work again.

I've since taken another 100 or so shots and I could not reproduce the issue.

I didn't have much time to read / document the error.  I was in a small sea plane and we were just passing the spot I wanted to photograph so I spent the time to get the camera working again and not trying to diagnose the problem.

Has anyone had this issue before.
My normal setup is a 1Dx and 24-70ii.  But I really wanted to use this new body and I figured the iS would help in the plane.

Any thoughts?

Jam

sbay

• http://stephenbayphotography.com/
Re: Canon 5DsR and Error message about lens (24-105 is)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:07 am »

How old is your 24-104 f/4? and have you tried cleaning the contacts?

I had similar problems on my 5dII -- the lens would have intermittent connection/communication problems (search for ERR01). Initially the problem was rare but became more frequent with use.

When I had some downtime, I sent my lens to Canon CPS and they fixed it for about $300. I believe my problem was the ribbon cable failing (common problem with the lens as it ages). You may have the same issue.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:38:06 pm »

Not a big deal, just clean the contacts on the lens thoroughly with a microfiber cloth dipped in some isopropyl alcohol and then rub the contacts vigrously with the dry part of the cloth.

Jamboree

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

Thanks everyone --- my first concern was that it was a new body issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up