Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Years as an Anthropologist on the Photoshop Team  (Read 2840 times)

Isaac

2 Years as an Anthropologist on the Photoshop Team
« on: July 18, 2015, 10:33:30 am »

"Almost two years ago, the Photoshop team pivoted to focus its energies and resources on design features and workflows."

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: 2 Years as an Anthropologist on the Photoshop Team
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:35:50 pm »

"Almost two years ago, the Photoshop team pivoted to focus its energies and resources on design features and workflows."

And?

Isaac

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:42:24 pm »

And you forgot that only you know what thoughts are flittering around inside your head -- use your words.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 02:57:48 pm »

Found it odd that I couldn't find the name of the person writing that article? blog? resume? performance letter in order to get a raise?... until I reached the bottom. I take it the writer's name is Charles Pearson?

So much for intuitive design? This often happens with those that are more facilitators than creators.

We heard things like: “The limitations of Photoshop aren’t with visual design. It’s with capturing the experience — that’s where the barriers are.” Meaning, it was difficult to work quickly and efficiently on a design meant for multiple devices and/or multiple screens. It wasn’t easy to recycle and repurpose elements, to create a responsive design system.

The main reason I got out of graphic design and just switched to photography. It's all about what to put in the frame and how easy it should be to do so. It took them this long to figure that out after Pagemaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark and a number of other graphics apps that aid in filling a square or rectangular frame.

That would make anyone quit graphics and wish they were just a facilitator.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:59:49 pm by Tim Lookingbill »

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 06:26:01 pm »

Found it odd that I couldn't find the name of the person writing t... until I reached the bottom.

fwiw that page on Firefox 39.0 always shows author-name / date /… along the bottom of the window, irrespective of where you've scolled to in the article.

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 10:36:47 pm »

I saw that, but from the informal look of the avatar of a person wearing a straw cowboy hat and sunglasses to hide their identity, I thought it was some type of Facebook style messaging link back to some other site that built that particular page. It doesn't say that person is the author. I see a lot of online articles where the body of text is just a copy and paste word for word from another business news article which is what I was thinking it was.

I wouldn't expect that kind of online communication from someone with a PhD in anthropology and especially as an Adobe consultant attempting to understand and facilitate how clients use and navigate software interfaces.

When I started reading the article or whatever that was, I immediately thought it was someone talking about a person's experience as an Adobe consultant as a day in the life experience.

There's nothing on that page to tell anyone what the heck that site is about.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:43:52 pm by Tim Lookingbill »

Isaac

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 02:25:35 am »

There's nothing on that page to tell anyone what the heck that site is about.

The site seems to be a way to publish content from mobile devices.

I wouldn't expect…

Young people these days!

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 04:43:22 pm »

Young people these days!

You ain't shittin'!

Ever go to an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater? It was started by a young, educated hipster.

I swear it is the most irritating experience I've ever had just to watch a movie. You have to pick your seat at the ticket counter viewing a over simplified "Facebook" styled graph of row seats that you can't change except to return to the ticket counter lobby and get a new ticket with the numbered seat you want. Try doing that in a 12 theater cineplex. It's quite a long walk.

Then when the lights are out during the movie you have to read a menu in the dark while a waiter runs around in the theater talking during the movie explaining to patrons what's on the menu they can't seem to read.

What the hell are they teaching in college these days?
Pages: [1]   Go Up