Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help -Lost all Preference Settings In Photoshop CS  (Read 3256 times)

KenS

• Spark of Light Photography
Help -Lost all Preference Settings In Photoshop CS
« on: February 25, 2006, 02:52:51 pm »

After shutting down Photoshop CS (Windows XP) and bringing it up again a short time later I discovered that all my presets, preferences, history, etc is gone! It's like starting from scratch after an intitial PS install. I've been using CS for about 18 months and this never happened before.

I have recent harddrive images (Norton Ghost) and also Retrospect backups of my entire computer including C:\ProgramFIles\Adobe\Photoshop CS\... on external drives so...

is there a single file, or folder (or set of folders) somewhere that I can use from my backups to write-over (or replace) what I guess is a corrupted (or missing?) set of Photoshop files? Or, any other suggestions how to get back to working condition with my orignal set-up fast?

Thanks in advance, Ken

KenS

• Spark of Light Photography
Help -Lost all Preference Settings In Photoshop CS
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:42:47 pm »

so...
is there a single file, or folder (or set of folders) somewhere that I can use from my backups to write-over (or replace) what I guess is a corrupted (or missing?) set of Photoshop files? Or, any other suggestions how to get back to working condition with my orignal set-up fast?

Ken
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I got everything back and working again. I retrieved the entire folder C;|Documents and Settings\Ken\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\ from my external hardrive backup and replaced what I guess were corrupted files in all the Settings subfolders.

Just goes to show the value of backups!

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up