Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5dsr vs hasselblad my first real world experience  (Read 32281 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: 5dsr vs hasselblad my first real world experience
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 04:28:22 pm »

Hi,

My take is that the Hasselblad H-series may have a pretty good focusing accuracy. I don't know, as I don't own a Hasselblad H series camera, but users seem to be happy and it is about the only AF-system Diglloyd has not complained about.

My impression, based on data from Lens Rentals, is that older AF systems were not performing on par with manual focus based on magnified live view, although it seems that late generation Canons (5DIII and 1Dx) are focusing almost perfect when combined with the latest lenses.

I am mostly shooting at f/8 (or so), so AF is seldom an issue for me. Still, whenever I can I would use magnified (11X) live view for exact focus.

Best regards
Erik

I was meaning the camera should not make you have to, no cast against your ability  :D

Hard to believe the H1 system is from 2002, no doubt firmware has tweaked it over time, mine is an early one being a Demo on the splash screen and nails focus reliably.
Erik Kaffehr

Jens_Langen

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 12:57:20 pm »

Hi ORC73,

I'm a one man shop but need a way to see thumbnails of my photos when asked to send older images to clients. It also gives me a nice overview of the work I've done.

I haven't even tried to use the C1 version of Media Pro as I just use C1 for creating sessions (I like the folder structure) for different jobs and always shoot tethered to it in the studio and sometimes on location. When shooting to cards I import into C1.
I can then just drag the sessions folder to the appropriate open window of Media Pro and it builds the thumbnails automatically and does it very fast. I then highlight the thumbnails and drag them to the appropriate client name in the left of the window. Job done.

My workflow is simple- I work off a 2TB raid that's connected to my computer using thunderbolt and backed up every hour using Time Machine. Then as jobs are finished I eventually put them on numbered external hard drives for archiving. These drives are eventually backed up as well.
Each of these hard drives has a catalogue in Media Pro. The drives are usually 3TB and I appreciate that MP can now catalogue every image in such a large drive.
When I need to find an older image, I open Media Pro and go through the drive catalogues, look for the client name, and quickly find what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:08:12 pm by Jens_Langen »

orc73

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 04:22:21 am »

If anyone is interested I decided to sell my Hasselblad, as for my traveling work the 5dsr will be doing the job:
H4d-40 with 17000actuations 4900USD
80mm with 7000 actuations 900USD
50mm with 3000 actuations 1 year old, version II for 2900USD
150mm with almost 90000 actuations very used for 1300USD

Bundles possible.
PM me or Valentino.pt@gmail.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up