Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Museo Silver rag and Protection-Premier Art Shield?  (Read 662 times)

Jglaser757

Museo Silver rag and Protection-Premier Art Shield?
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:41:58 pm »

I am going to print on Museo Silver Rag for an upcoming show and wanted to know what others are using to protect images from damage. I am going to mount them on gatorboard and display them without glass in a simple frame. I was curious as to what others are using for protection while printing on Silver Rag. I tried renaissance wax, but that requires too much elbow grease.

I was going to send work out for varnishing, but got too complicated and costly!

I ordered a can of premier art shield thinking that might do the job(recommended) , but are there any other suggestions. I need to keep it real simple. 

Thanks

Jon

Some Guy

Re: Museo Silver rag and Protection-Premier Art Shield?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »

Ha!  I know what you mean about the Renaissance Wax and elbow grease.  Does seem to help to keep fingerprint damage to a minimum as it can be buffed off.  I found on some glossy papers the RW will soak in a stain the print darker a bit.

I've used the Premier Art Print Shield in a mini-jet spray gun with good luck.  They sell it in spray cans, and I suspect the Hahnemühle Protective Spray may be the same thing.  I've also used the Marshall's SureGuard but it pretty expensive in the spray cans I bought locally ($22/can.), but it does come in Matte, Satin, and Gloss.

Now I've adopted putting the print through a printer that has the K7 inset and just using the Gloss Optimizer as a coating.  I can dial up the thickness of the coating in QTR too with the "white-paper" profiles I load to do that.  Much more even finish, no debris landing on it and sticking to it, and I've done it with canvas too.  It will take the Renaissance Wax too, but takes elbow grease too.

SG

Jglaser757

Re: Museo Silver rag and Protection-Premier Art Shield?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:29:33 pm »

Answered this myself through lots f research on Google
Pages: [1]   Go Up