Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PIXLS.US - Free/Open Source Photography  (Read 3599 times)

patdavid

PIXLS.US - Free/Open Source Photography
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:38:06 pm »

Hello all!

I just realized this is my first post in the forums, despite lurking and reading articles here constantly... :)

I wanted to drop in and (hopefully without breaking any rules or etiquette) announce something neat I have been working on the past 13 months or so.

It's a site dedicated to high-quality photography using Free/Open Source Software,

PIXLS.US

It's an attempt to centralize high quality tutorials, workflows, and showcases of work by photographers using F/OSS tools. (Things like darktable, RawTherapee, GIMP, imagemagick, Hugin, Enfuse, Enblend, and so on... - there's actually a page for a software on the site).

I wanted to invite anyone interested in Free/Open Source Software and workflows to drop by and check it out (there's also a[n awesome] forum running for the site as well).

Here's a current list of articles live on the site, with many more coming shortly:

A Q&A with Photographer Riley Brandt

A Blended Panorama with PhotoFlow

Basic Landscape Exposure Blending with GIMP and G'MIC

An Open Source Portrait (Mairi)

Skin Retouching with Wavelet Decompose

Luminosity Masking in darktable

Digital B&W Conversion (GIMP)

If you think it might be interesting, come on by and check it out (or even better - in true F/OSS spirit - write something!)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:54:00 pm by patdavid »

sniper

Re: PIXLS.US - Free/Open Source Photography
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:59:01 pm »

I've bookmarked the site but as I've been up for about 20 hours I'll drop in when I'm wide awake.  I know theres a few on here using image magic and hugin ect you should get a few visitors.
Regards Wayne

patdavid

Re: PIXLS.US - Free/Open Source Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »

Awesome, thanks!  Don't judge the site with 20+ hour awake eyes... :D  We're not going anywhere, so come on by when you're fresh...
Pages: [1]   Go Up