Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibration Issue  (Read 888 times)

Andrew David

• My Instagram page
Calibration Issue
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:54 pm »

Hello to all!

I have a friend who is having a hard time getting images from Camera RAW to display inside Photoshop CS6 without a dramatic change in colour temperature and contrast. Now given he is a novice who hasn't consulted many (if indeed any) tutorials on how to use either Photoshop, Camera RAW or colour calibration, and using an budget spec uncalibrated monitor, this may come as no surprise. But having played around with his profile settings in both Camera RAW and Photoshop, I too cannot prevent this change from occurring. I set his colour settings in both the workflow options panel and the Photoshop colour settings panel to use ProPhoto (and I also tried AdobeRGB), and I set the bit depth to 16-bit (it was still on 8-bit), and I reset one of the images he showed me back to default. And yet the shift in colour and contrast keeps occurring.

Now I know that going from a RAW image in a RAW editor to a fixed bit-depth file inside Photoshop with a tagged profile does alter the image somewhat, much like exporting out of Lightroom and into Photoshop (especially when not using ProPhoto), but I've never experienced anything like this. What could be causing such a huge shift? Having exhausted all options inside the software, I can only conclude that perhaps the operating system (Windows 8.1) is taking control of the image inside Photoshop, but given my inexperience with Windows' colour management settings, I was still unable to fix the issue.

Any suggestions? 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Calibration Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:56:00 pm »

We need to see and better yet have access to the files in question.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up