Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Professional Photography in Bermuda as a Foreigner  (Read 3117 times)

JoeKitchen

Professional Photography in Bermuda as a Foreigner
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:11:25 pm »

Recently I priced out a project in Bermuda, but did not have enough time to fully research the visa and work requirements on doing professional photography there.  (The agency had to rush the proposal out the door.)  I wrote out the estimate with conditions that the client would need to cover these expenses if there were any. 

This morning I was doing some more research on this topic, and it appears that Bermuda is very restrictive on certain professionals visiting to conduct business, with photographers being one of them.  However, they stated that they lightened these restrictions over the past couple of years.  With that being said though, I was looking at a government website that was the direct opposite of explicit and easy to comprehend. 

Does anyone here have any experience working in Bermuda as a foreign photographer?  If so, did you encounter any restrictions or difficultly with getting a work visa? 

(BTW, someone suggested that I could just show up with my camera and claim I am a tourist.  This is not a possibility since I need to bring more then just a camera for this project.  Additionally, doing so could result in fines for myself and my client, which would be very unprofessional.) 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

Re: Professional Photography in Bermuda as a Foreigner
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:01:14 pm »

Thanks BC.  As I look at more information, it is starting to look more and more time consuming.  

Found a broker; things are looking easier. 

Now I just need to get the project!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:20:36 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: [1]   Go Up