Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Polaroid 8x10 processor?  (Read 2329 times)

yashima

Anyone using Polaroid 8x10 processor?
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:53:27 am »

Excuse me if this is not the right forum to ask, but I suppose a lot of old pro here have experience with Polaroid 8x10.

I just bought my first few packs with the processor for my Sinar P.

However I'm having some difficulty figuring out the processor. The tray and film holder stuck together. I guess the previous owner forgot to take the film holder out of the tray, before removing the tray from the processor (which I think is the correct procedure, from the manual). Now I cant seem to remove the film holder from the tray.

Is there anything I can do or is it permanently damaged? Appreciate your help.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
Re: Anyone using Polaroid 8x10 processor?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:46:42 pm »

We are talking about the electrified 8x10processor? Hard to imagine it is damaged, this is all very simple mechanics. There is the processor, make sure to keep everything clean, you have to inspect and wipe the rollers after each use. Then there is the tray that will be attached to the processor and the Land Film Holder which just slides into the tray from the front side. There is no problem to do this with the tray removed from the processor. Maybe it is a little bit stuck from not being used a long time but you should be able to just slide it back. It will probably be easier to help pushing it a bit from the dark slide side (blue). Don´t press the top and bottom side as this will prevent the movement. My model is one of the latest, the Film Holder says Model 81-06 and the tray is engraved 81-09 both made in UK.

It will probably be not easy to get good full developed results now but the images have always been dreamlike. This "sensor size" is probably the only thing I miss with todays technology. Hope this helps, have fun and good luck to get this going!

Cheers,

Ulf
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:08:43 pm by UlfKrentz »

yashima

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:54:57 pm »

Thank you Ulf and Johannes.

Basically what I have now is the (electrified) processor body. The film holder are nicely slotted inside the tray, both away from the processor body.

There doesnt seem to be any physical damage, but they are stuck/locked together, I can not pull the film holder out. Is there any locking mechanism? Can you easily put in and take out the film holder to/from the tray, away from the processor? There might be chemical residues that stick them together after a long time, in which case I might try some hot water ..

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 04:25:29 pm »

I don´t think there are chemicals, at least they usually don´t get there. The Film holder snaps into place when inserted properly but there is no locking mechanism. You should be able to slide it to the front. Just take in in both hands with the Film Holder side up and facing to you, put both thumbs on the fluted sides of the Film Holder and pull it towards you. I won´t recommend to make it wet. HTH.

Cheers, Ulf

gebseng

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 03:39:05 am »

You could ask this guy over at SuperSense, he's quite knowledgable with large format Polaroid stuff: http://the.supersense.com/pages/marco

best,

Gebhard
Pages: [1]   Go Up