I have the 28/1.8 USM and the original lens hood EW-63 II. I use it all the time but when I'm outside, I notice a tendency to flare. Therefore I wish for an additional hood to be used outside.
1. The hood must be from Canon.
2. The hood must physically be able to attach to the lens. The EW-63 II is a twist type so clip type like the ET-65 III will not do.
3. The hood must be longer than the original.
Please ignore the possible problem of vignetting because:
1. I'll be using it on the 1D which has a natural crop factor of 1.3X.
2. I'll only be using this hood when the sun is shining bright so I'll be using closed apertures like f/8.
3. In the worst possible case I can always dismount it and use the original one.
So, which lens hoods fits the 3 criteria above and from them, which is the longest?