Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sultanahmet  (Read 1025 times)

KMRennie

Sultanahmet
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

Taken on a recent trip to Istanbul. The two shots are of Sultanahmet Mosque taken 1 hour apart. Fuji XE-1 Fuji XF 18-55 lens.
Ken

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Sultanahmet
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:17:13 am »

#1 is a bit confusing to my eyes, too much going on, though the flowers are nice.

In #2 I like the light and composition, it really makes the mosque stand out.

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 11:33:16 am »

Istanbul is a great visual target rich environment! You could spend several lifetimes there and not even put a dent on the images!

#1 busy--is the photo about the flowers, the mosque, or the people in the middle?

#2 the mosque stands out.

You are in the "vicinity of a good photograph" as Phil Hyde used to drum into our heads. I hope you are still there to work it and explore it visually!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

KMRennie

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 12:52:25 pm »

I agree about the business of the first image. The image is about the Mosque. The flowers and low viewpoint were used not as a positive part of the image but as a mask for the detritus of modern tourism, as a tourist I can't really complain. The people, well this was the smallest number that were present while I waited for over an hour. In the end I found it impossible to take a good image of this beautiful building from the ground, I did try for the 5 days of my trip.

Langier I don't really understand the Phil Hyde comment unless it is to say " what a wonderful place their must be a great photograph that can be taken here and this isn't it". If that is the meaning then perhaps it can be stated a little less obscurely, if not then I am at a loss to understand.
Ken

francois

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:11 am »

I like #2 a lot. Ideally, I'd like to see a wider crop (more room around the Mosque) but I understand that this may not have been possible for different reasons.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up