Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom – Importing Images With A ‘Preset’  (Read 1279 times)

Simon J.A. Simpson

Lightroom – Importing Images With A ‘Preset’
« on: July 12, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »

I have a question about importing images into Lightroom 5.7 with a ‘preset’ and would be grateful for some ideas and some suggestions.

Currently I use the Preferences checkbox “Make defaults specific to camera serial number” and two different cameras with different default settings.  But recently, when copying images and a Lightroom catalogue from a portable hard drive onto my desktop Mac, I noticed that Lightroom on my desktop Mac was applying an additional set of ‘defaults’ (which I had previously set-up) for that particular camera to every image, many of which I had already edited satisfactorily on my laptop.  My solution was to go through the images simply stepping back to the laptop edits in the History panel of the Develop Module.  Tedious, though.  What I also discovered is that there is not an easy way to directly edit these defaults. 

Clearly this is not the best way of working so I was wondering what others use as a way of applying a set of defaults when importing images from a particular camera ?

rdonson

Regards,
Ron

Emile Gregoire

• My website
Re: Lightroom – Importing Images With A ‘Preset’
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:38:50 pm »

Instead of setting defaults per camera, you could reset those to factory defaults and apply (or choose not to apply) a preset in the import dialog box. Maybe that fixes your problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up