Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900: Error Code 1125  (Read 2519 times)

David Horton

Epson 7900: Error Code 1125
« on: July 12, 2015, 09:20:32 am »

Upon start up of Epson 7900 paper jam was indicated and machine was switched off to rectify same (worked previously). Upon switching back on Error Code 1125 was displayed with advice "call for service".
Any advice in resolving this matter is welcomed.
Many thanks in advance.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Epson 7900: Error Code 1125
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 10:55:04 am »

1125 Carriage Home Position Error The Carriage Home Position Sensor does not detect the Carriage Assembly

1. Check the CR HP Sensor
2. Check for proper Carriage movement.
3. Check the Main Board

From the service manual. 

Does not sound good.  It appears that the head carriage, the unit that holds the head and moves over the paper on the rail, has somehow gotten misaligned. 

You might check to see if the head assembly has gone all the way back to the right side. 

The Eric G website, (I don't have his link handy but it's easy to find on google) shows the process to turn the printer on and move the head to the middle of the printer.  This is done in service mode and he also tells you how to get there. 

For the record:

I had this happen 2 years ago, with my 9900.  I was printing on a paper with excessive curl at the edges and the the head on a return pass hit the curl and jumped up, and got misaligned on the rail.  When it made the next pass to the left (left with me facing the printer) the head assembly went all the way to the far side of the printer and hit the metal sidewall of the printer.  This broke the head assembly and the paper sensor. 

It does not sound like this is your issue, but a jam can get the head assembly misaligned so that it will not lineup on the sensors. 

Hopefully this is an easy fix, but I believe you will need to call Epson Pro Grahpics, tech support.   

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

David Horton

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:15:36 am »

Paul,
Many thanks for your prompt response.
Whilst awaiting replies to my original post I did manage to determine that 1125 related to head misalignment and, indeed, head had not parked correctly as you suggested. In addition, paper is near end of roll with considerable curl as you mentioned, so again. correct observation! (Printer now operational again).
Your help is much appreciated.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:12:46 pm »

David,

Really happy you were OK! I made the mistake of leaving the room and missing my initial hit. 

I have found that a lot of roll paper can curl as it nears the end of the roll and if left on the printer spool for a while.  It's a downside of humidity.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

David Horton

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:49 am »

Paul,

Thanks for the advice.
I'm afraid that the error code (1125) has returned again and that my experience with Epson might turn out as badly as that with Canon (6300), which developed persistent problems some twenty months after purchase, with the manufacturer showing no interest whatsoever in resolving the issues arising, I believe, from poor manufacture/design and quality control.

Regards,

David Horton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up