Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The premature death of Leica  (Read 37307 times)

Rob C

Re: The premature death of Leica
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

True. But from this you cannot deduce if this is why someone purchases a Leica, nor how important this is as a criteria for purchase. If there were a camera offering the same capabilities as Leica's you could try to compare and deduce if this statement mean something. But there isn't, and you cannot.

You are misunderstanding my statement: I was saying that to the viewer, not the owner, those two objects prove only ability of purchase. The viewer (who doesn't know who the owner is) has absolutely no way of knowing if the Leica owner can do anything constructive with a Leica, only that he can buy it. With the watch, it's safe for the viewer to assume that the owner can probably read the time.

Therefore, to that extent, as intended, my statement holds. So to the cognoscenti, the status statement part is understood. And in the end, they are all that matters if one is only intent on showing 'position'.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:21:51 pm by Rob C »

JeanMichel

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 02:31:57 pm »

Hi Rob,
I wasn't trying to comment on your note, which is perfectly fine. I was just making a general observation about the angst that some people have about the well-being of Leica users javascript:void(0); . I prefer to use my Leica's (and some rather old lenses) but not for most paying jobs where a perfectly fine 5d2 fits.
Jean-Michel

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2015, 04:41:31 pm »

Hi Rob,
I wasn't trying to comment on your note, which is perfectly fine. I was just making a general observation about the angst that some people have about the well-being of Leica users javascript:void(0); . I prefer to use my Leica's (and some rather old lenses) but not for most paying jobs where a perfectly fine 5d2 fits.
Jean-Michel

I think we might have a crossed line: my reply was to another poster, AlfSollund! Maybe you're answering another Rob, too..

Oh, the magic of the Internet!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up