Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ #14 is here  (Read 47259 times)

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2006, 10:12:46 am »

Does it also make you want to run out and build a mile-long darkroom with enormous trays for processing huge wet prints with the help of water noodles?   

Well...to be truthful, no it doesn't. ;-)  I'm a digital-only photorapher so chemical processes aren't something I ever want to get into.  Now wanting to run out and get terrabyte raid arrays, multi-core processors and more PS CS2 plugins, that's a different matter, but at some level it does sound about the same, doesn't it?

Regardless, the only thing that matters in the end is the print...not how you got there.

That being said, it was a fascinating interview.  

It also allowed me to sit my wife down, make her watch the Clyde interview and have her agree that when it comes to noodles, "size does matter"!    
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:14:43 am by gryffyn »
.....Andrzej

cgf

• http://
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2006, 05:06:52 pm »

The regular subscription issues always take about a week to reach my mailbox in Italy (issue #14 took 8 days) but once, when I ordered two or three back issues to complete my LL-VJ collection, it took more than three months
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60265\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This won't make anyone feel better... #14 took 7 days to Australia, #13 was around the same... my 4 back issues were in my PO box last night, less than 3 (yep!) days after shipping. Must be a special charter flight just for me?  

Loved the Clyde Butcher segment

DarkPenguin

LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2006, 05:11:03 pm »

I think I got the bangledesh book in less than a week.

Still waiting on LLVJ.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2006, 05:30:38 pm »

Still nothing in FL.  When do we get it resent??  You guys seriously need to use a real carrier even if it cost's a few more bucks.  The postal system is obviously not working as a commercial service.

KeithR

LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2006, 05:35:21 pm »

Still waiting on LLVJ.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=60541\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Likewise, still waiting! At this rate Lightroom will be available for sale before we get the sneak preview DVD. Three plus weeks going on four is getting beyond rediculous.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

camilla

LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2006, 09:34:32 pm »

I'm kind of giving up on it ever getting here,  I have to tell you. Too long for something and why not use UPS or something like that instead of the mail??

KeithR

LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2006, 01:13:35 am »

Not sure that this will allieviate the torture but . . .

We have to date received about forty/fifty "MY VJ hasn't arrived!" emails and posts.

It seems pretty clear from the shipment dates and the responses from US subscribers that the US Postal Service/Homeland Security system for clearing sacks of DVDs from us here in Canada can add up to two weeks to the normal shipping time of 3 to 10 days. The evidence is 'pockets' of non-delivery. For LLVJ-13 we decided that we would send out replacements to the USA after a full three weeks from the last shipping date (LLVJ-14 & Lightroom Tutorial shipped between Feb. 21 & 24).  So, we have set March 13th as a reasonable  date to start replacing the 'un-delivered'. Yes, they do go astray and I recall sending out about 20/30 replacements for LLVJ-13. But hang tight - the DVDs will likely show up within a few days if the past is anything to judge by.

Steven Sauve looks after our Customer Service, so please direct your requests for replacements to him via email

Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59787\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just sent an e-mail to Steve about not yet receiving my issue. But as per your post(the above quote), my question is: If the original issue hasn't been able to get to us in the time frame you suggest, how will replacements get to us? Won't they be delayed in the same manner? And how is it that when I ordered the past issues, they came right away? Is it the fact that the bulk of that order was in a larger package? Or the fact that it was sent by UPS? There has to be a better way to get these fine issues in our hands than how it is being done now.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2006, 01:36:48 am »

That's a BS excuse.  It's NOT the customers problem or fault that the vendors choice of shipping is having a problem.  Frankly, no one even knows for *sure* why there is a delay.  It's a vague assumption that it has anything to do with 'Homeland Security', which frankly sounds like bunk to me.  

If it's not here either by the original shipment method or a better one resent at the end of this week I want a refund, or I'll just do a chargeback.  I will not simply accept it's 'lost in the mail' nor will I accept the answer of, 'oh, we'll ship you another one the same way', just to have the same thing possibly happen again.

If I don't get what I paid for now, it'll be the last time I order.  I'm sure I'm not alone either.  The end of the week will have been 3 weeks since I got the 'it shipped' email.

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2006, 08:59:31 am »

At this rate Lightroom will be available for sale before we get the sneak preview DVD.

Heck...the Windows version might be out before that.  
.....Andrzej

Skyarcher

• http://www.christinehudnall.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 04:36:38 pm »

Just signed up, have been reading LL for awhile now, but finally ordered something. The LLJV #14, specifically because it had Clyde Butcher.

I'm looking forward to this journal, living in Florida, I've had wonderful opportunity to meet Clyde, have been to his Big Cypress place a few times over the years and own one of his prints.

He is a Florida treasure to be certain!  

Haven't received it, but only ordered it 2-3 nights ago, did delivery problems get cleared up?

-Christine

DarkPenguin

LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2006, 05:03:10 pm »

You should get it by x-mas.

Skyarcher

• http://www.christinehudnall.com
LLVJ #14 is here
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2006, 03:26:01 pm »

You should get it by x-mas.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62494\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WooHoo! They've changed something, because it's in already three quarters of the way here. Just checked UPS tracking, it's in my state, although the very top of it - just has to come further south due to arrive here Monday!

Not bad, 6 days from order confirmation to delivery.

4/17/06 - They're here!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:21:37 pm by Skyarcher »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up