Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piping on Kozo  (Read 627 times)

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
Piping on Kozo
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:39:44 am »

Just loaded the tail end (2.7m left) of a roll of Epson Kozo, and have a problem with the paper releasing from the backing. resulting in a filthy mess!.

Paper has been in original packaging, rolled up, just as it comes out to us. Temp in here is no higher than 26C, humidity around 40%.

Fortunately, I've just received another couple of rolls, so will try those. But it is a shame to have to junk 27% of a roll!

Any tips on getting it to re-bond to the backing paper? We do have a roller laminator, which might work...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:15:41 pm by Richard.Wills »

deanwork

Re: Piping on Kozo
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:55:55 pm »

That sucks. Is this material available in the US yet? Maybe they are still test marketing it.....

I just received a sample box of the new Awagami Kozo Double Layered paper today. It is a very thin 100% kozo mounted on an alpha cellulose sheet. You just print on the front side, then peal off the back for a super thin kozo.

I have used their IJ Thin Kozo, that is also coated with the inkjet receptor coating and I love this sheet. It is very sharp with very minimal dot spread and looks like the Epson samples I received. I have only used it for bw so far.

If the Double Layered verson I just received works well, I'll forget all about whether Epson is releasing their new super thin one here in the us. The Awagami is also available in 44" rolls which is great. You can buy these from Freestyle in LA.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/category/9-Paper/Inkjet-Paper?mfg%5B0%5D=283&attr%5B0%5D=5-272&page=2

john
Pages: [1]   Go Up