Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For COOT and others too. Awesome.  (Read 5972 times)

fredjeang2

For COOT and others too. Awesome.
« on: July 09, 2015, 12:27:34 pm »

Coot,

Highly recommended and can be extremely usefull: the Scratch player.

http://www.assimilateinc.com/products/scratch-play

It takes everything you ingest and costs only 5 bucks.

It's much more than a player and should be part in the arsenal of every film maker.

The great points is that of course it reads RED, the metadatas, luts, rmds and it's mother in law... and does not only the coffee expresso but tai massage if you wish.
You can create looks right from the player and then
export them.

and the good news is that you have the color decisión option, bla bla... BUT also apart from 3D LUTs, an .XML 1D LUT that should work in FCP7 no?

Dual screen for color grade compare etc...super strong.

I join some screenshots from my computer.

The stronguest and very best player I've seen so far.

It's a timesaver because you can pre-grade everything (not just Red) without the need to enter a full application and then save the looks tan you can reuse in the editing suite or in a color-conform app. It's actually speeding-up my workflow quite a lot.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:49:13 pm by fredjeang2 »

fredjeang2

Re: For COOT and others too. Awesome.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:03:11 am »

Yesterday I forgot an important precision.

Assimilate, might be of a great interest for some because of a simple reason: if like Resolve and being a color App, it is very demanding in terms of HW specs, it is way more flexible in the sense that it takes AJA, AMD, not sticked to NVIDIA, so there are more options "qualified".
Ps: for the player to work with full capacity you'd need AT LEAST 12GB RAM. But those 12GB mínimum is the norm now everywhere else. So nothing new under the sun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up