Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5dsr focus point moving issue  (Read 2354 times)

orc73

Canon 5dsr focus point moving issue
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:19 am »

Hello

I bought the 5dsr, new to canon so I get into some questions :)

When I want to change the focus point, now I always need to press the button before I can move it around with that mini joystick.
It does not sound like much of a deal. I don't see why I can not move directly on the joystick like with Nikon and Sony DSLR.
Is there any way to configure that? It would really make my daily life easier, this is all I need to adjust usualy during a shooting on the camera.

I keep updating my page with experience from the 5dsr, will also compare to Hasselblad:
http://www.valentino-photography.com/photography-reviews/canon-5dsr/

best regards

Nick Walker

• www.sportpicturelibrary.com
Re: Canon 5dsr focus point moving issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:36:02 am »

You need to go into the 'Custom Controls' menu and assign the rubber multi selector button to move the focus points - peculiarly Canon don't default this button to an AF selector as Nikon do.

I was privileged to test one of the last prototype 1DX cameras (just before their release) for nearly three weeks with the new 400mm F/2.8 lens and others. Before Canon loaned me the camera I downloaded the instruction manual to digest the plethora of menu option settings that Canon always provide users with.

Canon 1DX and 5d series cameras are exceptionally flexible in operation. e.g. the exposure lock button (adjacent to Af back button) can be customized to function as another AF back button with completely different AF parameters - when split seconds count using super telephoto lenses this is faster than the Nikon D4's (which I own) with its clumsy two button operation. I digress!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:48:53 am by N Walker »

orc73

Re: Canon 5dsr focus point moving issue
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:15:19 pm »

Thanks so much!
I never got into that menu yet, it's really awesome!
I also found out how to get AF from the AF-ON Button and switching it off from the Shutter Button.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:06:29 pm by orc73 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up