Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palette  (Read 17317 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Palette
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:27 am »

... I just don't believe ... when some do think different ... they should be labeled idiotic for having actually thinking different.

Oh, I applaud them for the act of thinking differently. It is just that I consider the end result idiotic ;)

I think it is, you think it maybe, perhaps, likely, potentially, will-see it isn't. We think differently. See?

lelouarn

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 02:39:18 am »

I think the rotating knobs may actually be quite fun to use.
I also think the sliders are a pretty good idea, until you realize that they have to be motorized - because they have to change position from moving between images.
All in all, it's a neat idea, but probably way too expensive.

Philmar

• Office drone by day - Photoenthusiast on weekends
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/albums
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 02:50:07 pm »

Bring it on!!
Now if they can develop foot pedals as well....think of the possibilities!
We can have a knob or slider in each hand and a pedal control for each foot. We could train ourselves to process photos in one quarter of the time.  :D

rebadurchee

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »

What I really like about this is that, according to their promo site, you can have all that precision while making infinitely subtle corrections on your laptop screen. ;D

Jim MSP

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:20 am »

I will wait for the intelligent voice control; eg:
"Please sharpen this a bit more, and decrease the clarity a tad".

ButchM

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »

Bring it on!!
Now if they can develop foot pedals as well....think of the possibilities!
We can have a knob or slider in each hand and a pedal control for each foot. We could train ourselves to process photos in one quarter of the time.  :D

Yes, Thank goodness they haven't come up with ways to control other devises and operations using more than one appendage or input control ...  ;)

Can you imagine the confusion of driving a car, motorcycle, operating heavy equipment or flying an airplane and be required to use more than a mouse to do it? Fortunately designers, engineers confined their design to be limited and singular in concept ... One can't fathom how difficult and out of step such tasks would be if we had to use more than a mouse or touch pad ...   :o

Joking aside ... even if this product, or products like it, never reach universal appeal ... is belittling and making light of their existence a benefit to anyone involved?

Can't anyone see the potential for computer users, not necessarily photographers using Lightroom, could employ such devices to overcome physical infirmity or injury when utilizing other common input devices may be more difficult to employ.

I think it's ok not to be a fan ... I don't quite grasp the joy taken in berating the idea. I fail to see the benefit in doing so ... especially considering how few folks have panned the device have actually used it before sharing such decisive negative opinions.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up