Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sirui tripod falling apart...? Warranty problems  (Read 3146 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
Sirui tripod falling apart...? Warranty problems
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:21:04 am »

I bought a SiRui M-3205X tripod 2-3 years ago. One of the leg is falling off and the center column is falling apart. It was an expensive tripod ($500).
SiRui offers a 5 year warranty for the tripod. I have tried to send them an email and call them but so far no answer.

Question: How do you deal with SiRui for warranty issues? What can I do? Should I trow it into the trash?

Some Guy

Re: Sirui tripod falling apart...? Warranty problems
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:55:02 pm »

Fwiw, Surui has a 6 year warranty.

I always leave email alone until I have spoke to a person on the phone on a warranty issue.  I can get a better feel of how the process will go too.  Doing the email thing may take months for whatever reason.  Plus, via the phone they'll often will give me a extension number or the name the email goes to for better service than sales@whatever.com or info@whatever.com.  That or they send me a return shipping label once down to the paperwork stuff like sending them the sales reciept, busted picture of the thing, etc.

You could call Argraph Corp. (If you are USA based?), who is the USA distributor and ask for the CEO, Mark Roth, and see how that goes.  Secretary may reroute you though.  Hard to believe they'd hang up on you on the phone.

I had a flashcard go bad with Sandisk once.  No email response so I called.  The guy tried to tell me I had a pirated card and hence I had no warranty.  He shut up when I told him I bought it off their own website.  He looked it up, found I indeed had bought it off their site, and then issued me a pre-paid return FedEx label.  Still took a couple of weeks though to go back and forth.  Same happened with Kingston Memory recently, but they were a little more (A lot!) customer friendly as they shipped the new unit next day and I used their shipping box and pre-paid label for the return of the bad one.

Good luck.

SG

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com
Re: Sirui tripod falling apart...? Warranty problems
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:42:43 am »

Thanks so much for the info!

I will keep calling around! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up