Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One P25 sells for $2,096 on ebay  (Read 3875 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Phase One P25 sells for $2,096 on ebay
« on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:11 am »

Is this the future of MF digital values?
Recently a nice Leica S2 sold for about $4,500.
Mike

JV

Re: Phase One P25 sells for $2,096 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:39:12 pm »

I saw that Leica as well...

I believe it is fair to say that the resale value of CDD digital backs not exceeding 40MP has taken a big hit.

Only exceptions to a certain extent are perhaps Contax and Hy6 mounts...

Ken R

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »

Mike

The Canon 1DS mk3 sold new for about $7,000. They go for about $1000 nowadays.

Leica S2's sell around 7k normally...

Digital Cameras are not good investments if you view them as purely a financial instrument...look elsewhere for that, pretty obvious

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 11:03:13 pm »

Mike

And we've been selling P25's for less than $3,000 with full warranty for some time now (back to last year, I'm pretty sure).

In terms of larger trends though, certainly we've seen evidence of what Ken said in terms of entry level digital backs losing value in the past year directly as a result of 35mm format enhancements.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 12:18:35 am »

Wow! Wish I would have known, would have bought one! What else you got hidden away LOL

And we've been selling P25's for less than $3,000 with full warranty for some time now (back to last year, I'm pretty sure).

In terms of larger trends though, certainly we've seen evidence of what Ken said in terms of entry level digital backs losing value in the past year directly as a result of 35mm format enhancements.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Chris Livsey

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 02:47:19 am »

The Plus series, in Phase One, does sell a little faster but only for a little more in the UK.
Both P30 and P25 are on offer at £2,640 and remain on offer (dealer Tax included).
Here a P30+ H fit sold for £1687.51, about $2500.
Strangely, perhaps, an Aptus 22 H fit sold for £1500 (BIN price) while £1,700 BIN for a P21 H fit is left sitting.

Looks to me that the famed MFD amateur market waiting in droves to pick up "cheap" backs, which I admit to predicting, is etherial. Does it run parallel with the SLR decline in favour of mirrorless? Good enough, in the right form size, rather than bleeding edge perfection is the demand and good enough is pushing upwards, at least in pixel count.

Addition:
I have just bought a H mount P45+ for £2,249 = $3,500, from a dealer (not a Phase One dealer) with warranty but highish count, 400K. Some deals are unmissable.
(Charger batteries cables etc all included)
The opaqueness of UK dealers means I can't just check the trade in value against an IQ but I suspect I am covered should I choose to "upgrade".

Another but non plus P45 sold on e-bay today (Sunday) for £2,220.38

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 02:59:25 pm by Chris Livsey »

buckshot

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

None of those prices surprise me in the least. Even though I’m a die-hard MF user - at least until I see the A7RII on an Actus - I don’t know of anyone getting into MF, in contrast to just a couple of years ago (as the B&S sections of GetDPI, LuLa, eBay etc. are testament to).

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »

J,

I guess it is professionally advantageous for you to have a great imagination :) and that camera in your head is always going to make pictures better than whatever you really own.

Today you're calling the Jcam an A7RII, but it don't exist, man, it all in ya' head. Ya' breathin' ya' own exhaust.

Edmund

Sweating in Paris. These days, the human condition seems to consist of a lot more drinkin' and much less pissin'.

These are killer prices and make me want to buy, even tough I'd probably never use them.  Maybe another Leica, but even then there is that little monster A7RII just hanging in shipping crates, ready to crash down on the photo for money world.

Think about the Sony with a tilt shift for little motion pictures.   Not to shift to pull focus, but to shift to throw focus.  Man if that camera shoots great skin tones that aren't global pink, or orange, it's gonna rule.

IMO

BC
Hangin' in Austin, eatin' and workin', mostly just sweating.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:03:19 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Chris Livsey

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 02:32:14 am »

Man if that camera shoots great skin tones that aren't global pink, or orange, it's gonna rule.

IMO

BC
Hangin' in Austin, eatin' and workin', mostly just sweating.

So why did I buy given the choice? I watched a You Tube on "setting up an A7/r" Looks like it was less hassle landing on that comet to me. I'm an amateur, I shoot just for fun, for me that ain't fun, YMMV. If I was using it as a pro tool, different game.
If the P45+ is as bad as certain posters would have us believe I stand on a small or low loss, so it goes. I would have taken a P30+ but those users aren't as foolish to sell at these prices, mostly.
Leica, still in another price league, but one day who knows?
You know I have adapters on the shelf for the Sony for all my glass, never used, yet. If BC is in, well we'll see.
Most anticipated tests of a new camera, ever? Where's Nikon these days, no buzz, no D300 replacement (missed that boat now) and that new D5 better be spectacular but the price  :o
Don't you love interesting times?

buckshot

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 09:49:06 am »

If the P45+ is as bad as certain posters would have us believe...

For those posters, everything that they don't personally shoot with is crap - that's just the way they are. The P45+ is a really nice back - the one to have of the P+ series IMHO - and to get one for $3500 - well, if you're in the market for one, it's a no brainer. Just look around the net at the great professional work that’s been done over the years with it (including - shock, horror - landscapes that contain a lot of - shock, horror - greens - that - shock, horror - the naysayers say the P45+ isn't very good with. Sigh).

But, to get the best out of it - like any DB - you've got to hook it up with great glass - Schneider/Rodenstock - when you do, it’s a smokin' combination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up