Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: ALPA TC complete with ALPA Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 24mm XL lens  (Read 816 times)

Sarnian

Asking Price: £3,850 Payment by Paypal or, preferably, bank transfer. Free shipping to U.K. destinations (although please read the part about V.A.T.!)

Want the smallest and lightest super wide angle medium format camera set-up? Look no further! The Schneider-Kreuznach 24mm XL lens gives the equivalent field of view of a 17mm lens in 35mm format terms!! That's when using a medium format digital back with a 36mm x 48mm sensor (I've used it with a Leaf Aptus 75 and Leaf Aptus 22). Even on a 33mm x 44mm sensor it's equivalent to a 19mm lens.

These lenses are extremely hard to come by in Alpa mount as they're no longer in production. When I sent this lens off to Alpa (who send it to Schneider-Kreuznach for mounting - see the last photo for Alpa's invoice) I was told that mine was the last one that they could convert to the Alpa mount as they had run out of the special helicoid focus ramps. So, not only was this mounted/tested/adjusted (at a cost of c.£800) just over a year ago by Schneider-Kreuznach themselves, it has had about 2 outings in that time as I am a proud father to a six-month-old baby (as well as a 3-year-old) so I haven't had the time - or energy - to use it more than that!! The lens has always been stored in the infinity position (as recommended by Alpa) and has had a Hoya UV filter attached from day one. I've never actually used the official Schneider-Kreuznach centre filter (which I bought secondhand so has some paint rubbings around the edges; the glass, however, front and back, are in pristine condition).

The Mamiya 7ii 43mm lens viewfinder was bought new and comes in its original box (yes, the spirit bubble works!). I used to have the Alpa viewfinder but found that it was way too bulky and the image looking through it was horribly distorted. The Mamiya viewfinder for the 43mm lens has framing lines for the field of view of a 21mm lens but there's also some room around the edges so actually fits the SK 24mm XL lens very well. The view through it is wonderfully bright and undistorted. Perfect! These cost around £250

The Voigtlander VC meter II was bought new and comes in its original box. This tiny meter gives surprisingly accurate readings! These cost around £170.
The 24mm XL lens comes with its original box with all the original packaging.
The Alpa TC body and right-hand finger grip come with their original boxes (bought from Linhof Studio). The Alpa TC (body only) currently sells for £1,525 + VAT = £1,830 at Linhof Studio.
The Alpa viewfinder accessory shoe was bought new (from Linhof Studio). These cost £295
The universal accessory shoe that attaches the Voigtlander VC meter II was bought new (from Linhof Studio).These cost £160
The Optech strap was bought new and has been on 2 outings so is as Mint as a strap can be.These cost around £30

All-in-all the above kit will set you back around £6,000.

Any taxes/duties are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. I will only post to the buyer's registered Paypal address (which should not be a mail forwarding centre). I will also NOT mark the item as a 'gift' or put a lower value for Customs.

** Note to U.K. bidders: I live on Guernsey in the Channel Islands, NOT on the U.K. mainland. This therefore means that my parcel will go through U.K. Customs & Excise and they WILL charge you V.A.T. (20%) plus an £8 handling charge.**

The purchaser can, of course, fly over to Guernsey and collect it from me personally. Or, for the cost of my flight and train tickets (approximately £150), I may be willing to fly over to London and hand deliver it in a public location such as Victoria Station.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:38:11 am by Sarnian »
Pages: [1]   Go Up