Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrated Trying To Buy Latest LR Tutorial  (Read 2661 times)

pwatkins

Frustrated Trying To Buy Latest LR Tutorial
« on: June 30, 2015, 12:31:19 am »

I have to say that the steps that have (not!) been taken to smooth the transition to the new purchase site for videos make this a *horrible* process.  Even after having read the paragraph that said you should use the Lost Password feature to reset your password if you've never logged in to the new site it took me by surprise.  Your login dialog should have guided me through that process.  IT DIDN'T.  (That's a shout!)  (And what in God's name is the "Purple system"?)

Who designed this?  Why didn't the logins and passwords get copied over?  That should have happened!

And then, to top it off, when I finally figured out what was going on and clicked on the "Request Password Reset" button, I got a "404 Not Found" error.  Imagine how that made me feel about your site!

Look you guys:  Luminous Landscape and the video tutorials have been a godsend to me.  When confronted with the process of trying to buy the latest Lightroom tutorial, however, I'm tempted to vote with my feet.  I'm not going to, though, this time.  But don't do this to me again, please!

Thanks,

Paul Watkins
Paul Watkins

pwatkins

Re: Frustrated Trying To Buy Latest LR Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:36:29 am »

And then, after entering a new password, the message "Password successfully reset. Your new password has been emailed to you." appeared.  However, the new password was not e-mailed to me - just a message saying that the password has been reset.  In and of itself that's not a problem - I know what the password I entered was - but the message that appeared was incorrect and misleading.
Paul Watkins

pwatkins

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:17 am »

...and then, going back to try to buy the LR tutorial again and clicking on the "or buy this course for $20.00" link, I get a page asking me to create a new account.  There does not appear to be a way to say I already have an account and just want to log in.
Paul Watkins

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:01:05 am »

Look you guys:  Luminous Landscape and the video tutorials have been a godsend to me.  When confronted with the process of trying to buy the latest Lightroom tutorial, however, I'm tempted to vote with my feet.  I'm not going to, though, this time.  But don't do this to me again, please!

First, chill out...when Kev took over LuLa the video delivery system was completely changed (based on the fact nobody liked the previous Purple Player). And yes there are migration issues from the old system to the new. When Chris gets a chance (he's usually very fast) he can help you get to where you want to be.

pwatkins

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:40 am »

Chill out...  Hmmm, yes.  Good advice.

I was finally able to a) get the password thing straightened out, b) log in and c) buy the LR CC/6 tutorial.  I'm looking forward to watching it.

Thanks for putting the tutorials together.

--Paul
Paul Watkins

Jeff Griffin

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:15:09 am »

I have recently bought a video tutorial, not the Lightroom one , and found the new system very easy and efficient to create an account, purchase and the streaming works perfectly  :)

In fact the process is far  better then the previous system ( pre Purple Player )

Only one small thing is that it appears you only get the chapter markers in the download version.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:14:01 am »

I have to say that the steps that have (not!) been taken to smooth the transition to the new purchase site for videos make this a *horrible* process.  Even after having read the paragraph that said you should use the Lost Password feature to reset your password if you've never logged in to the new site it took me by surprise.  Your login dialog should have guided me through that process.  IT DIDN'T.  (That's a shout!)  (And what in God's name is the "Purple system"?)

Who designed this?  Why didn't the logins and passwords get copied over?  That should have happened!

And then, to top it off, when I finally figured out what was going on and clicked on the "Request Password Reset" button, I got a "404 Not Found" error.  Imagine how that made me feel about your site!

Thanks,

Paul Watkins

Glad you finally got it sorted Paul!

BTW you can always email customer service when you have a problem - although I was asleep at the time ))

Chris

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:17 am »

... one small thing is that it appears you only get the chapter markers in the download version.
Yes, that is a current limitation. Wistia is working on an implementation.

Where new videos seem to me to really need Chapter Markers, I add them as text below the video's window. (See att)

Charles Johnson

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:37 pm »

I suffered through trying to buy the LR CC tutorial as did many others.  I was logged in but had to log in again and was told that my password did not work.  I finally got to the payment page and could not find a way to use PayPal.  Since I have been compromised online a couple of times, I am reluctant to use my credit card for video and e-book sales.  Is there a PayPal option?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:58 pm »

PM sent

DaveCurtis

• http://www.magiclight.co.nz
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 12:52:32 am »

Yes, I had a few 'teething problems' too. However now all sorted.

I must say the LR video is great. Well done guys!

I'll have a red wine tonight in celebration!

Just out of interest. What were you guys drinking?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 01:05:16 am »

Just out of interest. What were you guys drinking?

Not sure...but it was bought by my wife from Binnies (a large wine store near my studio) with the criteria of Wine Spectator 90+ and under $20 (I really trust my friend Jim Laube). There's usually at least 1/2 dozen+ to be found at Binnies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up