Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix so the Canon iPF drivers properly default to No Color Correction.  (Read 6579 times)

Doyle Yoder

I suppose since Photoshop CC 2015 has been released I should bring this up again.

Here is the fix so the Canon iPF drivers properly default to No Color Correction.

On OS X, because of Canon's use of a special casing file to identify  applications that when choosing application manages color printing, set No Color Correction instead of Color in the printer driver.

This file includes all previous updates.

http://www.dypinc.com/Canon/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml.zip

The file goes here.

/Library/Printers/Canon/GARO/Frameworks/GARO_CUPS.framework/Versions/A /Resources/AppColorMatchingInfo.xml

Make sure you save the original in case you want to go back to it.

Doyle

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel

Doyle, I am pretty sure I am correct in saying that if you use the Canon 16 Bit Plug in you don't need this special file. But you do if you use the standard IPF driver.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl

Josh, I'm pretty sure that in LR Print module it's a salvation ;)
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

picman

Re: Fix so the Canon iPF drivers properly default to No Color Correction.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 04:00:04 pm »

Thank you so much, this was just what I was looking for.
I was pulling out my hair with attempted profiling of the 8400.
Just when I think I know a little bit about color management, I find out I don't know squat.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:42:40 am »

Does this work with the Pixma Pro-1 and Pixma pro-10 printers as well?

btate

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 12:59:44 am »

:) Macbook pro, Photoshop CC, Canon ipf8400
I was seriously getting ready to return my new ipf8400. One month of frustration, wasted canvas, tech calls including 2 where the Canon techs remotely took over my mac, and much more!%&%$@. Was really beginning to hate this printer.

After landing on this forum and inserting the code as Doyle suggests, success! Thank you, thank you. I decided to join Luminous Landscape on the spot. So should the frigg'n Canon people.

For others that may land here too, the Canon print plug-in does not work at this time (at least on my Macbook pro) with Photoshop CC past the 2015.0 version. I tried repeatedly to get it to run while using 2015.1.x and it crashed all the time. Canon tech was stumped, so I updated to Photoshop 2015.5 thinking it might fix it. Even worse! Further, printing without the plug-in to the Canon 8400 was crap. Colors very wonky and over saturated.

Terrible work flow but I now use PS2015.5 for all my editing as I like the features, then have to close it and open 2015.0 to use my Canon printer. Without the fix as stated above, the printer will not/ can not produce properly profiled prints but at least looks great now.

This issue has been around for years so I have to wonder why the heck hasn't Canon updated that one file by now.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 06:37:54 am »

I have added Photoshop CC 2017 to the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml file.

Also do not install driver version 4.50 as it does not work correctly with the applications that default to Colorsync when applications manages color is selected. The listings in the AppColorMatchingInfo.xml are not honored and will default to Color Mode: Color instead of No color correction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up