Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: broken actions in photoshop CC 2015  (Read 1887 times)

headmj

broken actions in photoshop CC 2015
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:40:47 pm »

Good Day,

I have a set of actions that build calendars.  I reinstalled it after installing CC2015 and it dies part way through.  first error is "no copy command".  Did the move to 2015 make significant changes in how actions work?  Just wondering before I spend a ton of time looking for the problem.  I can't find any mention in the current 2015 docs.

Thanks

Mike

headmj

Re: broken actions in photoshop CC 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 03:17:57 pm »

Never mind!   :-[

I runs on one machine and not another.  I will figure out why it doesn't run on the first machine.  DUH!

Redcrown

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:10:23 am »

Photoshop actions often "appear" broken when moving them from one version to another, or from one machine to another.

The cause is usually that the action refers to some custom "setting" that is not yet present.

Some Examples are:

** Actions that call other actions and the "called" action is not there or not where it should be.

** Actions that call scripts and the script is not there or not where it should be.

** Actions that refer to tool presets that have not been set.

** Rare, but sometimes because the action depends on a specific preference setting that is incorrect. An action can expect the preference for Units/Rulers to be in percent. If it's in pixels, results may be incorrect.

Usually easy to find just by expanding the action the the pallet and reading it carefully at the point of failure.

Ann JS

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:14 pm »

Installation of Ps CC 2015 from the Cloud damaged the data in most of my Actions on one of my Macs.

Check the Info for your broken Actions because you may find that they now show Zero bytes of data.

Strangely, the Actions on my other machine were left unscathed.

Both Macs are running on OSX 10.10.3 with all Ps Presets stored in the default location: Users > Library/Application Support/Adobe/Phptoshop CC2015.

The same Presets were destroyed in my Ps 2014 folder in the same location.

Fortunately I always keep a spare copy of all my Presets in a location where Creative Cloud won't find them so I was able to restore them fairly easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up