Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Identity Plate and Spot Healing Tool Indicators  (Read 5632 times)

ron lacy

Lost Identity Plate and Spot Healing Tool Indicators
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:29:54 pm »

I am using LR CC.  The identity plate tool will not show or print the identity plate on the border areas of my prints.  It will work "behind every image" and "on every image" and it will change the Identity Plate at the top left of the LR page.  This first occurred when I was using LR5.  I have since updated to LR6 and now the most current version of LR CC.  Can anyone help me get the Identity Plate to print on the borders of my images and prints?

Also, when I use the spot removal tool in either clone or heal, the tool works, but does not show the area it is sampling for the replacement.  This makes it impossible to move the tool to the most appropriate part of the image.  Can anyone help with ideas to fix this issue? As with the identity plate issue, this began a couple of LR versions ago and has continued.

I would appreciate any and all ideas to help fix these issues.

Thanks
Ron

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: Lost Identity Plate and Spot Healing Tool Indicators
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:43:29 pm »

Issue 1: Just a guess: Make sure you are not placing it outside of the border area as defined by your print driver.  Lightroom will you let you place an Identity Plate outside of the printable area but the printer will still not let it print..  Go to your Print Driver's paper choice area and make sure borderless printing is enabled.

Issue 2: [ H ] to hide/unhide the tool outlines.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

ron lacy

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:32:27 pm »

Rikk--

Thanks very much for the reply and information.  You have cured the spot healing tool issue.  Yes, I had inadvertently pressed the H key and it was hiding the tool's selection area.  Pretty simple solution, but one I was obviously overlooking.  Thanks

The identity plate still remains an issue.  The problem is the identity plate won't show up at all for printing on the border of the image.  As before, it will show up "on every image" and "behind every image" but not the regular identity plate that can be repositioned, scaled and rotated.  Thanks for trying to help.

Maybe someone else has an idea for that.

Ron

MarkJohnson

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 04:47:53 am »

I've had the same ID plate problem over last few LR versions. I discussed with Julieanne Kost early last year and she reported one of the engineers found that the ID plate disappeared if it was dragged off the page and wouldn't return unless a new template was chosen. I think that was how I accidentally lost my ID plate. She said she would ask for the problem to be added to the LR bug database. I found the issue only affected my User Templates, not the Lightroom Templates. I could edit a LR template to match one of my own and the ID plate was available but there wasn't the option to right click and update the template with current settings to save it for future use. However, you can right click the edited LR template and chose 'New Folder', name the folder e.g. 'A2 + my ID plate', then the edited LR template appears in this new folder and you CAN right click it and update with current settings. (Doing the same with one of my User Templates and putting it in this new folder doesn't work - the ID plate is still unavailable.)
It's a cumbersome workaround but once set up, works fine.
Mark J

ron lacy

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:24 am »

Mark-

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.  I have tried your suggestion to use the LR template for the identity plate, but no luck.  I can select the LR plate in the Identity Plate preferences but it won't display either.  When I try to edit the identity plate in the print module, it only shows my personalized plates and not the LR template.  Perhaps I did drag it off of the page and that is why it is lost.  Sure seems strange. As I stated in my OP, I can use any of the ID plate templates "behind each image" and "on each image", so I know they plates are still active, they just won't work for adding to the borders of the print.

If you have anymore thoughts, please let me know.  Again, I appreciate your response.

Ron

MarkJohnson

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 10:53:17 am »

Ron, you say you tried 'the LR template': there's a large number of them in the Template Browser on the left of the Print module screen. If you pick any one of them, you can change the various parameters on the right side of the screen- Layout, etc. Clicking 'Identity Plate' under Page options on the right does display the identity plate if I have selected one of the LR templates in the Browser on the left. if you're doing exactly that and still not getting the identity plate, then your problem is different to mine.
As mentioned, if you right click the chosen LR template from the Template Browser, you have the 'New Folder' option, which if selected will place that template in a new folder, named as you like, in the Template Browser, from where you can right click and update it with your chosen current settings, and get the identity plate to display if you want. That's how it works for me.
I should add I have the standalone version.
Sorry if this doesn't help further.
Mark J

ron lacy

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 11:29:39 am »

Mark-

I am leaving to go play golf today.  I have read your suggestions and will try when I get home later today.  Thanks much for taking the time to respond.  I will let you know what I can get accomplished.

Ron

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:38 am »

Ron

In Print's Layout Style, which option have you selected? To get the ID plate into the border, it should be Custom Package or Single Image/Contact Sheet.

In Page, what opacity is set? Scale?

Are Render Behind Image or Render on every Image checked? Neither should be, if you want to position the ID plate.

John
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:08:19 am by john beardsworth »

MarkJohnson

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 04:47:03 am »

'To get the ID plate into the border, it should be custom package.'

Interesting point John. If I use 'Single Image/Contact Sheet' Layout Style and a Lightroom template from Template Browser, clicking 'Identity Plate' under 'Page' does display the ID plate and it can be dragged to the border area. Doesn't work anymore though with my 'User Templates', unless I use the workaround described.
Mark J

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:49 am »

Mark

It's probably best to focus on settings in the right hand panel and ignore templates, which only set the RHS. Get things right on the RHS and update the templates.

But you are right about 'Single Image/Contact Sheet'. I'll amend my post.

john

ron lacy

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 10:03:52 am »

Mark-

Thanks for the information and the suggested workaround.  Took me a couple of tries but I was able to understand and get this working again.  A little more cumbersome than the way it is supposed to work, but certainly better than no identity plate.  I appreciate your response. 

Now back to making prints!

Ron

ron lacy

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 10:05:06 am »

John-

Thanks for your suggestions.  I seem to be back in business with the identity plate.  Not sure why this problem occurred but at least now I can use the identity plate again.

Thanks again

Ron

MarkJohnson

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 10:54:05 am »

Glad you're up & running again. I hope the Adobe engineers take a look at the issue some time.
Mark J
Pages: [1]   Go Up