Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Custom Dust Jackets  (Read 2359 times)

stingray

Printing Custom Dust Jackets
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:40:05 am »

I am hand binding a personal collection of images into a hand bound book.  The book contents will be printed on fine art double sided paper, with hand folded signatures  and stitched into a text block. My first attempt is likely to be landscape 250 wide x 200 high. I plan to  hardcover the books with cloth covered card. I will process all my own images and use InDesign to layout the individual pages.

Two queries.

1. Any suggestions for the best paper to use for a custom Dust Jacket (Sheet or Roll).
2. Any suggestions for the most suitable double sided paper to print the book contents. (Sheet or Roll).

Finally I would like to experiment with a Blurb style ImageWrap hard cover.  Any suggestions on materials or techniques to achieve this.

All hints or suggestions appreciated.

I have the hand binding skills, I really want suggestions on best  materials and techniques required (eg laminating),  using larger Epson inkjet printers.

hugowolf

Re: Printing Custom Dust Jackets
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:08:48 pm »

I am hand binding a personal collection of images into a hand bound book.  The book contents will be printed on fine art double sided paper, with hand folded signatures  and stitched into a text block. My first attempt is likely to be landscape 250 wide x 200 high. I plan to  hardcover the books with cloth covered card. I will process all my own images and use InDesign to layout the individual pages.

Even in a high school physics class, you could get put up against a wall and shot for that. 250 x 200 in what units?

1. Any suggestions for the best paper to use for a custom Dust Jacket (Sheet or Roll).

I have used HP Glossy Brochure Paper for this. It is C@S (coated two sides) which you don't need, but a good weight (maybe 180 gsm) and very inexpensive. I am pretty sure only sheets and apart from US Letter (8.5" x 11") and US Ledger (11" x 17"),  I don't know what sizes it comes in.

Brian A

stingray

Re: Printing Custom Dust Jackets
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 07:15:37 pm »

250mm wide by 200 mm high.  10 inch x 8 inch.

Thanks for suggestion re dust jacket paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up