Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer at Plitvice Lakes  (Read 1470 times)

Ambrazier

Summer at Plitvice Lakes
« on: June 22, 2015, 03:32:28 am »

To follow up on my first post (autumn in Switzerland), here are some of my pics from the Plitvice lakes in Croatia. The landscape changes constantly, also based on the rainfall which fluctuates and changes the appearance of all the waterfalls.

The "ingredients" I used are obvious - tripod, ND filter, pol filter, experimentation, lots of time and some luck required - as always. :)
Photography can be challenging at times as visitors have to move along some wooden bridges and pathways which of course start to slightly vibrate and swing as people walk on them - no good for long time exposures. So it's a matter of waiting for the right moment when nobody walks on the bridge for the next 10 seconds or so.  ::)

The area is located here:
https://www.google.ch/maps/place/Plitvice+Lakes+National+Park,+Croatia/@44.865397,15.582012,9z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47615e6cfed90f3d:0x51a8ff8379a5e70

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Summer at Plitvice Lakes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 04:37:51 am »

Beautiful waterfalls and location. In some of them, I would avoid including the (somewhat) bland sky, if possible.

Ambrazier

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 04:57:07 am »

I would avoid including the (somewhat) bland sky, if possible.

you're right, it's often just plain white. don't like that either, but as the weather was that way (you know these overcast days which make the light look like a huge light box), it's either HDR (which I don't do) or cropping (which makes the composition more challenging). let's see...

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:09:29 am »

Very nice and vivid photos... The spirit of the place is well conveyed. I would correct a slight magenta cast in the first photo, in the waterfall.
Francois

thierrylegros396

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 11:19:28 am »

Fantastic place for Waterfall Lovers  ;) ;)

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry

Arlen

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 02:08:06 pm »

Your photos make me really want to visit that place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up