Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing a stroke border using Canon Print Studio  (Read 2894 times)

paulroy

Printing a stroke border using Canon Print Studio
« on: June 22, 2015, 12:11:37 am »

Hi folks,

I have run into a problem which is driving me nuts and I
can't find an answer on Google or other forums. I like to use
a stroke border sometimes. When I print from the main Lightroom print module , it is
fine. But when I go to print from the Canon Print Studio plug (Canon Pro 100) which I also
like to use occasionaly, it doesn't appear nor can I find any controls to set it manually. I use Lightroom 5.7.1 on a Mac. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul

howardm

Re: Printing a stroke border using Canon Print Studio
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:27 am »

I'm not a Canon user so I dont know if it even has that function (I dont see it alluded to in the manual) but you could
always use the 'convert' or 'mogrify' commands from the ImageMagick suite (not for the squeamish, sorry)

Pete Berry

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:43 pm »

With the Canon large format iPFXXXX series, the Photoshop 16-bit printing plugin - which is the best printing utility I've seen - has no stroke function. But in PS, simply go to Image > Canvas Size and add the width of the stroke desired to the image dimensions. I generally use 2-4 pixels added to each dimension, depending on image size. Then go to your printing plugin.

Pete

howardm

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:02:27 am »

Didn't the OP specifically state that he was using LR, not PS so the canvas fill trick isn't an option.

Pete Berry

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »

Didn't the OP specifically state that he was using LR, not PS so the canvas fill trick isn't an option.

Seems I assumed that the Canon Print Studio "plug" the OP mentioned was a PS plug-in, as is the 16-bit iPFXXXX printing plugin I use and which AFAIK, isn't available for LR.

Turns out CPS works in PS/PSE/LR/Canon Digital Photo Professional programs. So he could simply add the stroke in LR, which he knows how to do, then print through the plug-in rather than LR. I really don't see what the problem is...unless he's using CPS somehow as a free-standing app.

Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up