Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with a Remote Database Copy  (Read 954 times)

Alun

Help with a Remote Database Copy
« on: June 20, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

I hope I explain the scenario correctly that I'm trying to achieve but please ask if I've missed any information:-

I have my main C1 catalog on my iMac
This catalog is backed up daily to a NAS drive (as are all the raw files) so its available on my network
I want to set up a mirror copy of C1 on a Macbook

I have a couple of questions before I set up this remote copy:-

1. What's the best way to share the C1 "master" catalog and the changes I've made to the "master" RAWs with my Macbook?
2. Is it possible to make changes on my Macbook to raw files and these are reflected in the file when it next comes "online"? (assuming I'm referencing the files in my Macbook C1 catalog rather than having to have them on my laptop?)

Many thanks in advance
Alun

ario

Re: Help with a Remote Database Copy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:10:22 am »

I have tested several different configurations and I ended up keeping my master catalogs (Capture One and Lightroom) on a portable external HD which I can connect to any of my working stations. In this way I am always sure to be working on the most recently updated master catalog, I do not have to check syncronization status, the back-up procedures are also extremely simple. For the records I am presently using a 4 TB bus powered drive (thunderbolt).
Pages: [1]   Go Up