Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: an experiment  (Read 1070 times)

BobDavid

an experiment
« on: June 19, 2015, 09:37:39 am »

starting to play around with a couple different concepts---this is sort of a sketch

Otto Phocus

Re: an experiment
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:44:59 am »

I think the people and to some extent the sun are a distraction.  I really really like the abstract nature of the reflection from the sign.  That was a clever composition.
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

BobDavid

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:51:00 am »

Yeah, there is something to that photo that shows potential and at the same time reveals flaws. I need to suss things out. The composition is off, but I think the color and the luminance values are okay. Making pictures is a lot like finding the pieces of a puzzle that fit together. Sometimes the pieces fall into place with ease, other times not.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:53:04 am by BobDavid »

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:22 pm »

I see a lot of potential in your image. I can't quite put it in words, but something isn't right with the reflection (for one). I wonder if going one step more towards the abstract with the reflection (and maybe the people) wouldn't help. _Maybe_ is the operative word here. That offered, I like your idea!
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

Iluvmycam

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 07:25:16 pm »

Freaky, like the comp!

BobDavid

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:14 pm »

I'm onto the scent, but this will take awhile to figure out. Thanks for the feedback. It is helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up