Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus II 10 Digital Back, Mamiya Mount  (Read 1938 times)

Drew Harty

Leaf Aptus II 10 Digital Back, Mamiya Mount
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:47 pm »

Leaf Aptus ii 10 digital back with charger and 4 - 4000 mAh Batteries, $8300.

I am the original owner, 27,600 actuations. Back works as new. Sensor glass immaculate. There are some minor scuffs on the body. Screen in excellent condition.

The back can be package the with a Mamiya AFD II and 80mm lens in excellent condition for $8900.

Or the back can be packaged with an Arca Swiss 6x9 F line in excellent condition with orbix tilt, a Mamiya adapter plate, and a Bill Maxwell focusing screen for $10,900.

The Maxwell screen, and ground glass frame have been aligned for use with the Aptus II 10 back by Bill Mortez at Pro Camera. The orbix tilt and Bill Maxwell screen are essential additions to the Arc 6x9 for achieving critical focus with high resolution digital backs. I will also throw in a custom bag bellows made by a bellows maker in England that will allow extreme shifts with wide angle lens.

The Aptus II 10 has a 56x36 size sensor with 9334 x 6000 active pixels, 12 stop dynamic range, with 16 bits per channel color depth. It has a 3.5" screen, with 100% view, over and under exposure, histogram, ability to display images in black and white, and many choices for setting up the back and viewing files.

The Aptus II 10 is a very cost effective choice compared to 80 mega pixel backs and other IQ series backs.

I have 100% rating on Ebay for approximately 150 sales and purchases I have made over the years for my photography and film business.

I will accept paypal for U.S. and Canadian sales and consider overseas sales on a case by case basis.

Pictures of the Aptus II 10 to come. Picture of the other equipment available on request.

Thanks,  Drew Harty

chrisbodnarphoto

Re: Leaf Aptus II 10 Digital Back, Mamiya Mount
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »

Any interest in a potential trade for a 645Z? :)

Drew Harty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:50:33 pm »

The 645Z doesn't work for me. I need to stay with a digital back so it can be used on a handheld camera or view camera.

My Aptus II 10 and Arca Swiss 6x9 with orbit would be an ideal combination for studio food work.

chrisbodnarphoto

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »

The Arca Swiss combo looks beautiful!  The only thing that concerns me are direct overhead shots on a studio stand - it seems that it would be nearly impossible to set up properly if the setup was 7' overhead pointing directly down.

I'll get back to you re: the others tho.  If I don't get an interesting trade offer, I may just outright sell and would then be interested in the back! :)

Drew Harty

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 08:29:55 am »

As you noted in your post about your 645z, focus with large sensors is critical, and the greater the resolution and smaller the pixel size the more critical it becomes. So, whether your camera is 7' in the air or at standing height, you simply must be able to put in the effort to get critical focus. Neither of my Mamiya AFD cameras' AF systems can achieve critical focus at medium or close distances--others may have different experience. As low tech as it is, my Arca 6x9 with the geared front tilt and Bill Maxwell focusing screen (a combination of a fresnel and ultra fine ground glass for $385) with a good loupe is the best way to achieve critical focus.

One of the nice things about using a digital back on a view camera is that you don't have to deal with all compromises that are made to make MF lens work with mirrors, prisms, and AF systems. All my Rodenstock apo sironar digital lens also out perform my Mamiya AFD lens and the few Phase lens I have used, and represent a relative bargain compared to the escalating prices of Phase lens.

The nice thing about investing in a Phase or Leaf back, as compared to the 645z, is that your are buying equity in those companies because the backs have trade in value toward upgrades. I would guess Pentax doesn't offer the same, though I have never checked into it.

Drew

Pages: [1]   Go Up