Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd slider reaction in Develop Module  (Read 13344 times)

Jim MSP

Re: Odd slider reaction in Develop Module
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 07:26:21 am »

You're write, Ron.  The darndest things happen.  And just now, the sliders in Exposure module began with their sticky behavior again.  Not constantly but every now and then.  I seldom watch the slider of number value when moving one, I view the image.  Telltale sign is, when nothing happens in the image - until I pull the slider extremely to one side.

I get this issue every so often as well. It generally occurs after I have been editing some large newly created pano or hdr dngs or tiffs back from PS. I write it off to memory leaks.
However, I find that the up/down arrow keys continue to work pretty quickly for me. I use them, as I too follow the onscreen image.

Jim

rdonson

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

Jim, I experience slow downs during long Lr sessions especially if it involves editing the image in Lr with adjustments.  Eventually, I simply quit Lr and start it up again and its back to normal.
Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 01:30:02 pm »

You're write, Ron...
GASP!!  What was I thinking?!!  Naturally I meant to write right.  Sorry folks.

rdonson

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

GASP!!  What was I thinking?!!  Naturally I meant to write right.  Sorry folks.

Don't worry, Mike.  This isn't DPReview.  There are very few trolls here who would point that out.  You're among friends.
Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 10:58:09 pm »

Don't worry, Mike.  This isn't DPReview.  There are very few trolls here who would point that out.  You're among friends.
Very true.  My favourite site!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:04:23 pm by Mike D. B. »

MBehrens

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 11:06:49 am »

I've noticed that the LR Mobile Sync is a real resource hog in 6.1 (CC 2015). When it is doing anything the develop module acts as you describe for me. I've learned to pause LRM when I am working and then let it do its syncing when I'm away.

mbaginy

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 12:22:14 pm »

I've noticed that the LR Mobile Sync is a real resource hog in 6.1 (CC 2015).
Yes, I can image that quite well.  I've learned to no perform other tasks when importing, synching or exporting.  That might be different with the latest iMac maxed out with RAM, but I'll stick with mine as long as possible.

mbaginy

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:33 am »

I've noticed a repeatable behavior while processing some recent images.

It seems, that the odd moving of sliders but without image (or numeric) reaction, happens only (or mainly?) in the following instance: I don't initially click on the slider and move it, but click somewhat (no great distance) next the slider and expect the slider to snap to that position.  It that case, the slider moves, but the Develop module doesn't seem to acknowledge the new position by adjusting the math.  (Poorly described, I know, but I'm no computer wiz.)

Only when I grab the slider from the onset and move it, will even tiny adjustments be numerically registered and shown on the screen!  I'd adopted the method of clicking off to one side of a slider and then actually sliding it, some LR iterations ago.

I never noticed the current behavior of LR6.  So, bottom line for me - I'll need to adjust my works style, which shouldn't be difficult.  And I'll keep GPU acceleration clicked off.  It would seem, my problem was based on a rather unorthodox method of (quickly?) moving sliders.

rdonson

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 11:57:48 am »

Mike, based on behaviors of previous Lr versions I got into a different habit.  I hover of the slider then use the up/down arrow keys to make the adjustments.  I don't know if this is any better or worse than other approaches but I've grown accustomed to it and I feel like it allows me to look at the image intently while making the adjustment.
Regards,
Ron

mbaginy

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 12:34:48 pm »

... I hover of the slider then use the up/down arrow keys to make the adjustments. ...
Ron, I didn't even know that was possible!  Thanks for that inadvertent tip!

I'll give that a try and see, what sort of workflow I end up with.  I'm pleased, that I finally found where I was going wrong - still a bit odd though.

Live and learn.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up