Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900, Lightroom, Mac question about print borders  (Read 824 times)

uintaangler

Epson 4900, Lightroom, Mac question about print borders
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:53:27 am »

I am making prints to slip into pre-cut mats
The ideal size for the print is 18.75 x 12.75
I print in Lightroom on an Epson 4900
I selected 16 x 20 as the paper size to make sure I will have plenty of room left around all four sides after trimming to easily adhere to the foam core backing behind the mat
I selected borders of .50 all the way around - just because that seems to make sense?
I keep getting a print that is jammed up to one side of the 17" wide paper in my 4900 - thus being unusable for my purposes
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and what the correct settings are?
Thanks!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson 4900, Lightroom, Mac question about print borders
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

Check your Cell size (Print Module). For the print to be centered on the page the Cell size within which the photo is contained must be coherent with the paper size and the margins you set in the Margins panel. The size of the paper you feed into the printer must be the same as the paper size you specify in Page Set-Up. So for example - my usual case, I use Super A3 (13*19 inches). The width of paper being fed into the top feeder is the 13 inch dimension. I want one inch margins on each of the four sides. That leaves me with a Cell size of 11*17 inches maximum (i.e. 13 - 2  x 19 - 2) for the photo. Set up this way, the photo is centered. It will not fill the whole cell if the aspect ratio of the photo differs from the aspect ratio of the Cell. In this case, it will fill up to the limit of either the height or the width and there will be an equal amount of white space on either side of the other dimension.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up