Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: After update to CC 2015, older versions will no longer work  (Read 9818 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: After update to CC 2015, older versions will no longer work
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:58 am »

I thought it was pretty clear.  Here's the screenshot of the dialog box you get when you click the update button. The link to more about updating explains the advanced options and keeping old versions.

I had no issues, everything moved over to the new version.  

Wayne, this is useful experience - did all your plugins and prefs in both PS and LR migrate to the upgraded versions or did you need to manually reconfigure or reinstall anything?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 10:53:45 am »

I thought it was pretty clear.  Here's the screenshot of the dialog box you get when you click the update button. The link to more about updating explains the advanced options and keeping old versions.

I had no issues, everything moved over to the new version.  

As I said, looking back, sure it's pretty clear.  However I did it in a hurry, expecting it to be the same as always before.  My mistake.  The dialog box for me had a much lighter text, not sure why, however I blew right over it.

As to Mark's question, no all of my plugins did not cross over, photokit, in particular, as it came up telling me the product was already licensed.  An issue I have had before, and after getting it fixed in CC, just have left it there.  Topaz asked for licensing info, which I had, Nik worked fine.  Neat image asked for licence info, I had to dig up.  Focus Magic, came up.  Extension Manger in 2015 kept giving me errors, when I tried to use a few odd extensions I still use for stacking, but the main stack workflow is OK.

Again I am a creature of habit, and learned a lesson.  However several folks I know also did what I did and paid the same price.  You get into a routine with Creative cloud, just click on update and go, at least that's the way it's been since CC, and never once did it attempt a older version removal. 

One other issues I believe, if you allowed it to blow away the older versions, and install 2015, you can't get them back via Creative Cloud at least I couldn't.  It will only show CS6 and 2015.  So again if you need those versions be careful.  I was able to get them back as I had a 1 month old image of my drive.  But as no CD's ever ship since CC, other folks may not be able to get back as quick if they want to. 

I might have caught the text box if the wording had been in red or bold. 

Remembering some of the issues (photomerge mainly) 2014 CC first had, I would not just want to be running the latest version. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:53:42 am »

As to Mark's question, no all of my plugins did not cross over, photokit, in particular, as it came up telling me the product was already licensed.  An issue I have had before, and after getting it fixed in CC, just have left it there.  Topaz asked for licensing info, which I had, Nik worked fine.  Neat image asked for licence info, I had to dig up.  ........

Paul

Thanks Paul - but what is the context: is this in Lightroom? Is it for upgrading from the first CC LR version to the current CC version of LR?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

Thanks Paul - but what is the context: is this in Lightroom? Is it for upgrading from the first CC LR version to the current CC version of LR?
Mark, sorry for confusion.  it's for Photoshop CC 2015. 

LR CC to LR CC 2015 (2015.1) was fine.  LR picked up all my plugins from CC and the catalog and came up clean. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »

Super - good to know. That gives me confidence to proceed with the LR upgrade.

Photoshop upgrades have always been a pain.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:14 pm »

Wayne, this is useful experience - did all your plugins and prefs in both PS and LR migrate to the upgraded versions or did you need to manually reconfigure or reinstall anything?
No, some non Adobe ones did not get moved. However, the PS CC and PS CC 2014 folders were not deleted, just the application so my plugin and Preset folders remained from previous installs so manually moving them was pretty straight forward. Haven’t tried them all so not sure if I’ll have to reinstall any.

Seems to be the same as any previous  PS upgrade and plugins.

jrp

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 08:06:40 am »

The Extension Manager is being phased out.  Panels, etc, created for it may or may not work if you copy things over to CC 2015. Deleting cc2014 by default was not a smart move by Adobe.  What a mess >:(

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 09:22:21 am »

The Extension Manager is being phased out.  Panels, etc, created for it may or may not work if you copy things over to CC 2015. Deleting cc2014 by default was not a smart move by Adobe.  What a mess >:(

According to this https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/, it is NOT being phased out, but it does not apply to LR CC.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 12:07:33 pm »

After installing Ps 2015 CC and telling the installer to leave CC 2104 in place, my Topaz filters didn't work in 2015, but did in 2014. No surprise there. I downloaded the latest version of the Topaz suite, installed it. Now Ps 2015 CC had the Topaz filters. But 2014 had lost them. No biggie, but a bit surprising.

Jim

jrp

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 06:50:15 am »

According to this https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/, it is NOT being phased out, but it does not apply to LR CC.

Announcement: Extension Manager End of Life Notification: http://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/27

(But, yes, it does not apply to LR)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up