Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New LR update back to freezing computer  (Read 1073 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
New LR update back to freezing computer
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »

When will I ever learn? This morning, I got a notice of the update to the Adobe CC app loader (for lack of a better word). There was an update for Lightroom CC, which I was already running, so thought, what the hell, I'll update that. WRONG! It now freezes constantly when in the Develop module. At first, I had GPU turned on, and every time I went to use the white balance color picker, my computer froze. I had to hard reboot. I turned off GPU acceleration, and after a few minutes, it froze again on something else.

Anyone else have this issue? I'd love to roll back the version the one just prior, but have no idea how. Any thoughts? Sure the dehaze is nice, but no big deal. I just need Lightroom to be stable since I have a big post-shoot job looming. Thanks.

Nemo

BrianVS

Re: New LR update back to freezing computer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:32:09 pm »

I'm glad I read this- just declined the update, came over here to see what I was missing.

Did you save the original install file?

Can you check the uninstaller to see if the Rev can be uninstalled?

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 02:44:22 pm »

The problem is with CC, you don't have an install file. It does it all itself. I also discovered that Lightroom, in one of it's crashes, completely trashed an SSD drive with my most recent shoot. Fortunately, the client has a backup and I have a raw (meaning, unorganized, unrenamed) backup. So pissed. One moment, it had 450GB of images, now nada. my various recovery programs couldn't even find any data. The MBR is non-existent. And I had just accessed it briefly last night (prior to the update). I normally save the drive to a backup when I get home from a shoot, but had not yet done that. Shame on me.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:32 am »

The problem is with CC, you don't have an install file. It does it all itself. I also discovered that Lightroom, in one of it's crashes, completely trashed an SSD drive with my most recent shoot. Fortunately, the client has a backup and I have a raw (meaning, unorganized, unrenamed) backup. So pissed. One moment, it had 450GB of images, now nada. my various recovery programs couldn't even find any data. The MBR is non-existent. And I had just accessed it briefly last night (prior to the update). I normally save the drive to a backup when I get home from a shoot, but had not yet done that. Shame on me.

With those frequent updates you may well have frequent problems... Also in some cases -a situation in the past was working better, or the only way things did work.
As a professional user i like things to be stable for a long period- say a year, then i make a good backup + archive the system and i install a complete new system with new updates...
Not that i do not update at all, but especially things from Adobe and other companies that have proven to give frequent problems i pass.
And i have a clean base system that i can install in a few minutes and that brings back my favourite programs and settings. + My program/system part is separated from the data on a different harddisk.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

MBehrens

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:45 am »

Right after installing LR 2015.1 the develop module was sluggish and it would take seconds for adjustments to apply. Checking the processes on my PC, LR was consuming up to 50%-75% CPU. I found that LR was syncing my Lightroom Mobile collections and it was taking a very long time and taking a lot of CPU. I don't have a lot of images on LRM ~200 but it took over 30 min. to complete the sync. Once that was complete LR was working just fine. X-Trans updates and Dehaze is great. Loving it. Hope LRM sync isn't broken...

- MB
Pages: [1]   Go Up