Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic GH4 issues since recent firmware update  (Read 921 times)

Gusto55

Panasonic GH4 issues since recent firmware update
« on: June 15, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »

Since updating the firmware on my Panasonic GH4 body to Version 2.1, in Apr. 2015, I have been experiencing an issue.
From time to time I have found that when I turn off the camera and turn it back on the previous settings are changed.

I generally shoot stills in all manual mode. For a scene I may set the ISO at 200, 1/250 at F 5.6 and then turn the camera off and later turn it on and the ISO has changed to maybe ISO 800 and the histogram or peaking I activated on the earlier shot gets turned off after the camera is turned on later.

Has anyone experienced the kind of change in settings as I have described, and if so have you learned what causes this or what can be done to stop it from happening?

The challenge is it doesn't happen all the time, only randomly, and I haven't noticed if I did something different prior to it happening.

I have not been able to find any reference to this happening to other GH4 users when I have searched online.

Because I have not seen this reported by others I'm inclined to attribute it to user error, but I haven't changed anything in the way I use the camera and this did not happen prior to the most recent firmware update.

Any thoughts on this issue would be much appreciated.

vulture

Re: Panasonic GH4 issues since recent firmware update
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »

Never noticed an issue like this after firmware update!
Pages: [1]   Go Up