Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Leica X (Typ 113) - my experience so far

(1/1)

Paulo Bizarro:
Some thoughts and comments from my point of view here:

http://blog.paulobizarro.com/?p=182

Bottom line: great compact fixed lens camera.

Regards

albertknappmd:
My wife has used the Leica X vario for the past two years and adores it. the optics are stunning!
Albert

BernardLanguillier:
Thanks for sharing, it looks like an interesting proposition.

Cheers,
Bernard

JV:
Thanks for the write-up!

Leica cameras like the X, XV and the T all seem to follow the same path...

When they are announced they get buried under criticism from the measurebators, box tickers, penny pinchers, full frame fanatics, etc.

After about a year most people who actually use the camera agree that it is really a wonderful camera and absolutely love it :)

mezzoduomo:

--- Quote from: albertknappmd on July 01, 2015, 11:03:02 am ---My wife has used the Leica X vario for the past two years and adores it. the optics are stunning!
Albert

--- End quote ---

I too have one, and I love using it...and I agree that its a great camera. Let's not go down the road of positing how a $25 plastic watch tells time as well (or better) than expensive Swiss 'status symbol' watches, or how certain Leicas are 'merely' a re-badged Panasonic, or contain a Sony sensor. So tiresome....

A recent review of the new Q stated "An awesome camera...for zillionaires", or something very similar.  I resent that sentiment. The X Vario was a big ticket for me, and I didn't run out and buy it immediately. I made a thoughtful choice, spent hard-earned money on it, and I love it...and that's the bottom line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version