Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dereliction  (Read 1085 times)

stamper

Dereliction
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:26:21 am »

I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult. I live in the west of Scotland.

sdwilsonsct

Re: Dereliction
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:15:57 am »

I like the convergence of elements, good one.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:43:07 am »

For me, the signs, in the context of the building, are what make take notice. It seems like, in it s prime, this would be a noisy, bustling place with big machines grinding away for hours on end. So, to see a "Quiet Please" sign is surprising. As well, I wonder, what the hack are children doing in a place like this that drivers must "slow 4" them?

Nicely seen, Robert.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:36:12 am »

Nice image.
Yes it is frustrating that so many photogenic derelict building are behind fences.

Terry,
Those two signs are a bit of an enigma. They certainly made you wonder what the building was used for. My assumption was that it was for  manufacturing or a warehouse building. Now I wonder if it's part of a school or daycare? The signs look newer that the bricks and gate as is the #23 sign.

A mystery in B&W.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:57:04 pm »

I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult. I live in the west of Scotland.

Nice treatment, with dark shadows still retaining some detail. The sky is a bit too grainy for my taste.

Jeremy

stamper

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:14:05 pm »

The building is in a remote part of Glasgow, Scotland, which I rarely visit so I don't know anything about it. The light was hitting it at a good angle to get a contrasty image. Thanks for the feedback.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 01:22:59 pm »

I find it difficult to find subjects like this because so many properties are fenced in and access is difficult...

If I am not mistaken, most urban exploration photographers get past those fences and are basically trespassing, risking arrest (or injury) to get the shot. Not that I am suggesting that you (or I) should.

On a side note, that "4" in "Slow 4 children" is surprising. I thought that would be pretty recent use, a couple of years back?
Pages: [1]   Go Up