Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Contax 645 advice?  (Read 21164 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Re: Some Contax 645 advice?
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »

Bo you can't think of it as an investment - you have to think, "Does this get me where I need to go? Does it let me make photos I have in my head? Does it do that better than other options?" I shudder to think what my once $5k D3s is worth, but it paid for itself many times over in the images I got from it.

-Doug

yashima

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »

Has anyone here ever used the Contax 645 bellows? I'm wondering if any of the lenses can be used with it for portraiture (full body/head & shoulder shots), or is it strictly macro/product only? I'm after some tilt shift portraiture. I notice Cooter used to use the Hartblei tilt shift quite alot for full body shots, but I'm after something a little longer, focal length wise.

Tomas Johanson

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 03:14:35 pm »

Has anyone here ever used the Contax 645 bellows? I'm wondering if any of the lenses can be used with it for portraiture (full body/head & shoulder shots), or is it strictly macro/product only? I'm after some tilt shift portraiture. I notice Cooter used to use the Hartblei tilt shift quite alot for full body shots, but I'm after something a little longer, focal length wise.

It´s made for macro photography and with the standard Contax 645 lenses nothing else is possible.
But if you want to experiment you can use it with large format lenses. Around 135mm or longer lenses will get focus at infinity.

/Tomas

Bo Dez

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 07:06:58 am »

Thanks, much appreciated for the wealth of tips here.

andyptak

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 06:25:53 pm »

Theodoros

What is the workaround with mirror lock up and multi shot on the Fuji?

Thanks

Theodoros

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »

Theodoros

What is the workaround with mirror lock up and multi shot on the Fuji?

Thanks
If you aren't familiar with multishot captures, it's really difficult to explain... I'll try my best...

Multishot is a capability that some MFDBs have, which allows them through special software to shoot at every single pixel position with all Green, or Red, or Blue polated by the Bayer pattern pixels... To do this, multishot backs have a piezzo-electric crystal controlled mechanism included in the back, which allows them to move the sensor so that pixels of different color are aligned and thus, every single pixel records "true color" without any interpolation involved... The result is absolutely stunning, to the extend that there isn't any single shot back currently that can compete for all aspects of IQ or color accuracy...

Now..., because the process only applies (obviously) to still subjects and constant lighting, for one to achieve optimum performance, all camera vibrations must be eliminated too.... but Fuji GX-680 can't lock the mirror up (for multishot takes - it only can for single captures) and additionally, its mirror is the most vibrant there is (obviously because of size)... but there are ways to work around the issue and do fully successful multishots even if the back is attached on a GX-680...

D Fuller

• AirStream Pictures
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2015, 10:57:49 pm »

Here's another note on the useability of the Contax/P65+ combination:

I recently discovered that my Nikon version Profoto Air TTL trigger works perfectly with the Contax 645 if I simply set it to manual. Obviously the TTL function doesn't work, but the triggering and the ability to control the strobes works just like it should.

Pencil Box. Contax 645, Zeiss 12mm macro, P65+ Profoto B-1 Strobe
business website: www.airstream.pictures
blog: thirtynineframes.com/blog

yashima

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »

Hello fellow Contax users,

Somehow I've managed to lose my Contax dark slide. Anyone has a spare that you could part with for a reasonable cost, please let me know. Much appreciate.

Theodoros

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 09:12:36 am »

Hello fellow Contax users,

Somehow I've managed to lose my Contax dark slide. Anyone has a spare that you could part with for a reasonable cost, please let me know. Much appreciate.

PM sent...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up