Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pano stitching in LR - what gives?  (Read 2992 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Pano stitching in LR - what gives?
« on: June 10, 2015, 09:30:52 am »

Sometimes it works OK, but its latest trick is to ignore entire photos. For example, if my shots are 1 thru 9 left to right, the stitcher will simply ignore 1, 5, 6, and 7 and try to make a pano from the remaining photos. Needless to say this does not work.

rdonson

Re: Pano stitching in LR - what gives?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

I've not been overly impressed by this feature.  It works ok on carefully planned panos for me but fails miserably on many.  If there's a good news is that the ones it fails on for me are easily handled by PS CC.
Regards,
Ron

Jim MSP

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:33:32 pm »

I use it for the "quick and dirty" pano that I might take when I need more angular coverage because of where I am standing and the lens I have on. Generally these are 2 or 3 shots wide. LR seems to handle all of these fairly well and in a reasonable time. I like the .dng I get back.

For the more complicated panos, I send processed tiffs to PTGui, which is fast and rarely fails.

Jim

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:09 pm »

I've actually had great success with it. I rarely go to PS/CC for panos anymore. 
Mike Guilbault

Jglaser757

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:34:18 am »

I've actually had great success with it. I rarely go to PS/CC for panos anymore. 

Ditto!

In the short time I have used it and only processed about a dozen images so far. Only one had to be processed in PS.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 08:13:37 pm »

Only used it once as I rarely shoot panos. This was 5 shots right to left (20-30% overlap) of about 50 well-dressed grads lined up poolside under trees. Worked perfectly first time.

It is disappointing, however, to hear of the number of failures that are fixed in PS. While I can understand, from a business perspective why Adobe doesn't want to give LR the same power, it is frustrating to think they have handcuffed what is purported to be an app for professionals.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

dreed

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 12:29:45 am »

Sometimes it works OK, but its latest trick is to ignore entire photos. For example, if my shots are 1 thru 9 left to right, the stitcher will simply ignore 1, 5, 6, and 7 and try to make a pano from the remaining photos. Needless to say this does not work.

I have also seen similar issues but the worst part is there is no report on which images were ignored and so forth.

For those panoramas that didn't work, try using Adobe Bridge CC/Camera Raw 9.0. I've seen a couple of panoramas work there that didn't work in LR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up