Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing a history of image edits  (Read 1166 times)

John V.

Showing a history of image edits
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:12 am »

I archive files for a few clients here. I only keep the original, unedited, source file they have provided.

I usually have to make edits prior to print including standard stuff (resizing, output sharpening) but also color adjustments.

These color adjustments vary depending on the paper to be printed on and I would like to be able to remember what they are. I do not keep these edited files, only the source originals.

Is there any way to get Photoshop to output, even just a simple text file, a list of all the adjustment layers and their values? Or something similar? So I can quickly reference what adjustments were made for a particular paper.

I suppose I could just write them out manually... but that's no fun.  

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Showing a history of image edits
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:10:47 am »

AFAIK there is not. You might consider Lightroom, which automatically maintains such information and, in the opinion of many, makes the whole photo editing process faster and easier than doing it in PS. As an added bonus, once you have fine-tuned develop settings for a particular paper you can easily copy them to one or more other photos.

BobShomler

Re: Showing a history of image edits
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:18:31 am »

Photoshop's History Log might do this for you. Described in PS help for Setting Edit History Log options: Select Save Log Items to Text File and choose Detailed for Edit Log Items.
Pages: [1]   Go Up